Farmers Markets

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have not found a Farmers Market yet this spring and I am wondering if others have found any?

There is a large Farmers Market in Nashville that I hope to get to this year.

While in Nashville this year we found the Trolly Cars which will take us to the Farmers Market. While on the Trolley we say bikes to rent that we could also use to get to the Farmers Market in Nashville.

We also like to stop when we are in California as there are a lot of them.

Anyone else know of some good ones that are easily accessible?

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
"Farmers Market Finder" is an app on the Google Play Store. Bet there's a similar one for Apple folks.

Rick Dane developed the app I looked at.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Portland Or.
Park at Jubitz. At the corner buy an all day bus pass. Ride to city center. There's a visitor info center there.
All the transit in the downtown area is free.
There's alot going on at the riverwalk. Bikes to rent.
Farmers market near a University. We walked from the visitor center.
A zoo, Japanese Garden, and awesome rose garden with, if I remember right, 5000 species.
We walked, or rode to everything with that one day pass.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Columbia SC has a brand new now open Farmers Market with easy access on and off. It's located south of the Pilot truck stop on hwy 321 south of I-26 (don't know the exit number). Pass the Pilot truck stop, go over the hill and down the otherside. When you get close to the bottom of the hill it's located on the left. Very nice and the new restaurant was to open last month but haven't been there since to check it out. If you pass the Pilot going east on I26 after the I77 interchange you can see it on the right. You can also exit at the next exit (small truck stop there) turn left, stay on that road for about 2 miles and it will be on the right.
I know a couple of drivers for Senn Produce, good prices on freshness and they treat their drivers very well.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
It was nice getting on and off, fareless.
So quick and easy. The one day pass is cool.