DOT Fail to stop at scale

Slicker2ya07

New Recruit
Driver
So I've been driving locally for around 4 years now. Southbound 41 Indiana going into Kentucky there is a scale. I've passed it while it was closed multiple times. Today it was open. I started my way through it in the left lane and had a green light. Second light was green also as I was coming forwards it. Looked over at the house and waved looked to my left to check traffic and looked in my mirror to start exercising my way way back onto 41 south. As I looked back up it flashed red and pull around then went back green then back to red again. I assumed they were wanting to stop the truck behind me. After getting off the bridge I could see the spotlight on my tailgate.( he was awfully close behind me ) I immediately put my flashers on and sure enough he stuck his nose out and lit me up. Asked me why I didn't stop and told him exactly as I explained here. We were both polite to each. Level 2 inspection. Citation for failing to park. Now for the fun part. Should I fight? Pay it and be done? Would it show on my record if I arrived at court and he wasn't there and pleaded not guilty? My first big truck ticket any help appreciated . be safe everyone

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
If the signal was confusing, I would determine the number of points, and weigh it against hiring a lawyer to fight it for you. If it's not worth it, pay the ticket.

asap4u

Expert Expediter
Thanks I will

There is a company that works specifically with commercial drivers who get violations. They charge around $30 per month. They will hire a local attorney to represent you in court. You pay any fines and/or court costs. They will also do a dataq challenge on the safer fmcsa website. The company is tvc pro driver Welcome to TVC PRO DRIVER.INC

The fmcsa made $35,000,000 in fines in 2015

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I would fight, it to max, this could go on your record and company score , call OOIDA and ask them for help.
depends could be points on your license, check TVC people out. don't pay, because if you do that is like pleading, guilty . so call a lawyer