EZPass

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I HATE stopping at toll booths!! I have been trying to look into EZPass, has anyone done this? It seems like you have to apply to each state, is this correct or is there a central place to get this service? Thanks in advance, Joe

ATeam

Retired Expediter
EZPass is available from a number of states. Among the issuing states, discounts vary from the full toll you'd pay at toll booths. The discounts are not the same. State A might offer a deeper discount on one of their roads than you might get if you signed up for the service with one or more other states. If you drive a lot in a particular state, the differences may be worth researching state by state.

Regarding customer service, we've found Deleware to be great to deal with. A human being answers the phone quickly and knows the answers to our questions. Can't say it will be that way all the time. Maybe we just got lucky in the times we called. PA's EZ Pass people were a real pain to deal with as we researched the various states' EZ Pass practices and fees.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Again, E.O. comes to the rescue. I will check Del. out. PA is a pain with most things. I know, I lived there for 14 years. Joe

mvbn1

Expert Expediter
I use EZPass, and I love it! Since I live in Ohio, I registered through PA. Entered all the information online, and they sent me the transponder in the mail. I use the credit card method. They have my CC number on file, and charged it ($35.00) to begin with. As I go through toll booths, the moneies in my account are used. When my balance reaches $10.00, the system automatically charges my CC for another $35.00. You can then look up the charge information on their website. Shows you everytime you went through a toll booth.

One of the nice things about EZPass, is when you sign-up, you provide them with your vehicle info. Your charged, based on that information. I bring this up, only because of an incident, that happened to me, coming out of NYC, prior to having my EZPass. Came across the Verrazano Straights Bridge in the late morning, coming out of NYC. The sign said "Cars $6.00". So I had a $20.00 bill out and ready. When I got to the booth, this brute of a toll booth woman, yelled at me, wanting to know how much my vn weighed. I told her, and she started yelling, again, and told me she was going to charge me for a commerical vehicle. She took my $20, and handed me back $4.00! ... moral of this little story is, with EZ Pass, you won't get charged wrong, OR, need to deal with the bridge witch!

mikecop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I had EZPass through New York for several years, and it worked great. About two months ago my carrier gave contractors a new transponder called Transpass Plus, which is a combination of TransPass for the scales and EZ Pass for the tolls.

I go east from Detroit most weeks, so EZPass makes life much easier. Maine recently added EZPass, so now the only ones left to get it will be New Hampshire and Ohio.

Just to make some of you guys envious, my carrier pays tolls. Some weeks I run over $100 in tolls. Mike

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Service plazas on the pikes have brochures with info on EZ Pass plans . I think the one in NY also offers prepass for scales including the NorPass used in KY

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
anyone in the market for EZ-Pass should also consider I-Pass. It works in the same manner as EZ-Pass and helps to breeze thru the Illinois toll plazas. 1-800-UC-IPASS

mhoy40

Expert Expediter
i checked on this for my fl-80 as far as the price for the month its the toll fee's plus a monthly fee, plus in a commercial application with the gvwr over 26000 there is a $500 dollar deposit via checking or credit card. oh yea plus u have to be approved which should be just a matter of the app. and deposit. this was through the pa. ez pass office.