Extra income for expeditors

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have tried several different schemes to make extra money on the road. None of mine are on your list. Maybe that's why they all failed.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
The chinchilla market never came back after the crash of '02.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have tried several different schemes to make extra money on the road. None of mine are on your list. Maybe that's why they all failed.

Yep, can't tell which one is going to work for sure. But always looking. Never know when you might land on a good and a legitimate side income.

After did more research on capital one, beside making $50, it said you can make additional $1000. Hey, that's money :).

Check it out.

Capital One 360 Checking $50 Bonus & Savings Account $25 Bonus ? Make $1000 with Referral Promotion

Deville

Not a Member
Number 3 can be a real money maker. My cousin supplements her income by participating in focus groups. These groups range from 30 mins to 3 hours and pay from $50 to $250. She has been doing this for years. She will attend 3 or 4 a week some weeks. Only downside is that most no longer pay by cash or check. It's mostly by gift card now.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
when i ran the road sold , laptops , pc. proheat genset for trucks, new and used trucks
mason shoes, mary kay, heated window wash tanks, heated windshield wiper blades, mirrors something to do while i waited for the next load

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
when i ran the road sold , laptops , pc. proheat genset for trucks, new and used trucks
mason shoes, mary kay, heated window wash tanks, heated windshield wiper blades, mirrors something to do while i waited for the next load
This...
I am so going home. Thanks bro

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Stand by the fuel pumps and ask the local drivers if you can swipe your card when they buy fuel. A lot of them dont use rewards cards. You should be able to collect a few showers and points.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using EO Forums mobile app

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stand by the fuel pumps and ask the local drivers if you can swipe your card when they buy fuel. A lot of them dont use rewards cards. You should be able to collect a few showers and points.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using EO Forums mobile app

That's a great idea, never thought of that one:)

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Ok, California has all these idling laws, but the exception is if you have an animal in the truck. Someone should set up a rent a pet service at California border crossings. You buy a bunch of small critters like hamsters and a trucker headed into California can stop and rent an animal to keep in his truck while he's there. He comes out of California and returns the animal. Maybe you charge a refundable security deposit that you give back if the animal is returned alive.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
IS there a law that says you can idle because you have a pet ?

I would think there would be a law against endangering a pet in a hot vehicle.

You can get an APU. There is no reason to idle.
On a side note, I shake my head at those with new trucks that idle. I'd be curious to see data on dpf problems per mile. Do they increase as idle time increases ?
I would think there would be a cause and effect here.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
IS there a law that says you can idle because you have a pet ?

I would think there would be a law against endangering a pet in a hot vehicle.

You can get an APU. There is no reason to idle.
On a side note, I shake my head at those with new trucks that idle. I'd be curious to see data on dpf problems per mile. Do they increase as idle time increases ?
I would think there would be a cause and effect here.

Even with out currently having a functioning apu, we have only idled the truck for about 2 hours, while in a state that was 97° and extremely high humidity. Other than that, we've opened the windows, used breezeways, used 12V fans and dressed for the weather. We will be getting a fantastic fan installed sometime soon, as it was previously removed for the rooftop ac to be installed.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
should look into secret shopper, did truck stops, hotels, restraunts
you filled out a report and send in your bills and they send a check

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
It would appear that 99 pct of our threads now a days are of the social nature and not in anyway helping the expediter out in areas of efficiency,food,clothing and so on. At least this thread is trying to do something.................

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It would appear that 99 pct of our threads now a days are of the social nature and not in anyway helping the expediter out in areas of efficiency,food,clothing and so on.
That's the government's job to supply us with food, clothing, medical care and so on.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
That's the government's job to supply us with food, clothing, medical care and so on.
emygaju6.jpg

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A different twist to extra income .....doing some things yourself like cooking or small maintenance or repair. .. Money saved is Money earned