Extra Fuel Tank

DoubleTrouble

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have been an expediter for about 1 year now. Owner/Operator of a "B" Unit.I am currently signed on with Landstar Express America I'm looking for an extra fuel tank for my '98 Ford E-350 van. I would like an extra 25-35 gallon tank. Can anyone tell me where to get one at a "resonable" price? Contact me here or my E-mail address at [email protected]"

Thanks,
DT

G

I don't mean this question to be smart alecky, so don't take it that way, but where would the extra tank go? Does the Ford have any open space underneath that would take another fuel tank? Just wondering.

DoubleTrouble

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-00 AT 11:22AM (GMT)[/font][p]Hi Jeff,
You remove the spare tire and put it under the back. Hang the tire on the door. Connect the two tanks togeather at the lowest point, put a "Y" in at the filler. You run off one tank but you are drawing from both.
Thanks for the reply........D.T.

G

I have a 1990 E 350, with dual tanks from the factory, and that's the way mine are. I really like the fact that I can run eight hours before I have to fuel up. Jim Bunting...

EH

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Talk to someone in the RV industry. They usually have access to Flow Thru or other vendors of fuel tank add on systems. Cutaway vans and complete van's similar to your van are used to build RV's. You may need to talk to a larger RV shop tho many small shops will be very glad to help you by ordering the exact kit for your van and even installing it properly if you wish. Luck. Ed