Experience Question

Discussion in 'Ask The Recruiter' started by m&ttruckers, Feb 20, 2017.

1. m&ttruckers
    Educated

m&ttruckers New Recruit Researching

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My girlfriend and I are thinking of changing careers we both drive a schools bus. I have drove a school bus for 7 years and have a class A and 1 year tractor trailer exp. She has a class B and 3 years driving exp. in a school bus. My question is this, with our experience how hard or easy is it going to be to find a company to work for driving a straight truck OTR team?

2. Treadmill
    Caffeine Fix

Treadmill Veteran Expediter Owner/Operator

Ratings:
    +2,552 / 5 / -1
    Carrier:
    Load One
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sprinter
    It might be kinda hard considering she has no otr exp. Of course that could go for you also. That 1 yr. exp in the tt, was that local or otr? The only way to find out is to start calling some of the companies on the home page and ask them directly.

3. m&ttruckers
    Educated

m&ttruckers New Recruit Researching

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That was OTR. With a big carrier. I thought that maybe the school bus would count as experience since it's nothing more then a straight truck anyway , only difference is my freight cusses and does nothing it's told to do lol

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

• Like Like x 4
  4. Turtle
    Alienated

Turtle Administrator Staff Member Owner/Operator

Ratings:
    +11,239 / 11 / -1
    Carrier:
    Load One
    Vehicle:
    2005 Sprinter
    With your experience, including hers, if you bring your own straight truck, you'll be good to go at the vast majority of carriers.

5. JohnMueller

JohnMueller Moderator Staff Member Motor Carrier Executive Safety & Compliance Carrier Management

Ratings:
    +369 / 0 / -0
    You'll find definitive answers by researching the companies you might be interested in driving for and submitting actual applications to them.

Thanks,