Experience Question

m&ttruckers

New Recruit
Researching
My girlfriend and I are thinking of changing careers we both drive a schools bus. I have drove a school bus for 7 years and have a class A and 1 year tractor trailer exp. She has a class B and 3 years driving exp. in a school bus. My question is this, with our experience how hard or easy is it going to be to find a company to work for driving a straight truck OTR team?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My girlfriend and I are thinking of changing careers we both drive a schools bus. I have drove a school bus for 7 years and have a class A and 1 year tractor trailer exp. She has a class B and 3 years driving exp. in a school bus. My question is this, with our experience how hard or easy is it going to be to find a company to work for driving a straight truck OTR team?
It might be kinda hard considering she has no otr exp. Of course that could go for you also. That 1 yr. exp in the tt, was that local or otr? The only way to find out is to start calling some of the companies on the home page and ask them directly.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
With your experience, including hers, if you bring your own straight truck, you'll be good to go at the vast majority of carriers.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
You'll find definitive answers by researching the companies you might be interested in driving for and submitting actual applications to them.

Thanks,