experience 4 landstar & load info

G

what is landstar requirments 4 driving experience? would the experience 4 team b4 both drivers or just 4 the leaddriver?

also how well does the laptop computer work 4 booking your on loads like they advertise? ALL INFO WELL BE APPRECIATE! THXS1

G

Dude - they are KILLER on speeding tickets....might as well run for the president as sign a lease with them - if you got a speeding ticket or two.

THE X

G

The X man is correct,I heard about a guy who forgot to report a DUI that was 15 years old,They found out about it and fired him and his wife on the spot.Gave him no chance to explain etc.

G

On the subject of a dui that was 15 years old. In the land of the Maple Leaf, convictions are removed from your provincial Drivers record after 3 years, and from your insurance record after 5. Jim Bunting

G

We are a D unit leased to Landstar, I personally know of a team that only the lead driver had driving experience, his wife did not; they are running as a team and have been from the time they leased on. We are tk # 4836

G

you must have 6 months exp in the last three years, and no speeding tickets OVER 15 in the last 3 years. Yes they are strict but that is why we have such great drivers at LEA and you dontr here the complaints here that you here at other companys. Hope this helps you and maybe we will see you down the road, Doodle 4862

G

Now Doodle, you know that ther are alot of problems with lea and more and more drivers are bailing out. they are down too 121 D trucks. 8 C trucks.....!!!!!!!!!!

G

I'd like to find out how that team managed to get the second driver with no experience behind the wheel at LEA. I tried this recently and was told that in no way, shape, or form could a driver without at least 6 months of experience drive for them. I've got a husband driving and a wife with a permit but LEA says no go. Anybody in particular I can talk to so I can check this out? Rules are rules and I'm happy to abide by them just as long as everyone else is held to the same standard. Thanks.

G

I was always under the impression that you must have 6 months also. I would imagine you would talk to Wes or Darrin.

G

At Landstar if yoiiu hook up right you can do anything!!! the rules do not apply to the pets...... Don't count on Landstar being fair to you......

G

121 trucks? I was told less than a week ago that the truck count was 320?

G

For someone who likes to complain so much, how come you are afraid to put in an e-mail address???? It would seem by reading the expediting forums that you are in the minority with your feelings about LEA.

G

Was told by Darin that LEA had a new program that offered to let you train someone ie; your wife , you could not run as a TEAM for the first part but after about half way through the 400 hr training the restrictions lightened up.
TO ICEMAN unless you are man enough to post your name dont make your derogitory remarks, you must have alot to hide or have cold feet one, if you cant stand up for what you have to say. As far as how many trucks LEA has i dont know, but if there arent that many then I guess that I will be that much busier in the near future, yes things have slowed, but I am still doing very well!!!!!

G

Dwight: Glad to hear your doing so well. Not everyone has been allowed your good fortune. I got my information from Office, I just called and asked how many D trucks Landstar express had signed on. It's no secret, They used to send that infor out to the drivers anyway. (The monthly drivers list).....

G

Chris: call Nashville and ask. (the company used to send out a dirvers sheet once a month and sometimes once a quarter. Just look at it and count the trucks) I say Nashville because it is closest to me but call any office and have them count the D trucks and C trucks

G

For your information as of 3weeks ago we had 126 B-vans--8 "C" units
and 204 D units, then I got a new
BCO info letter from corporate that showed 12 new D-unit came on just that week,so we sure must not be near as bad a company as you wish for people to think Iceman.Your figures are way off as well as your attitude..You belong in the "big" truck with the rest of the cry-babies..

G

resorting to name calling shows your intelligence. It seems if you unhappy with post you should only reply with facts. They will win out every time.There are many fine people in big trucks. I consider myself a gentleman and drove a big truck for several years.

G

That just goes to show how many trucks they are losing weekly....
your infor is three weeks old, dthinks have changed.... One other thing, no need to bad mouth drivers of big trucks, we been there longer and will be there when your gone, bad laungage is never going to win any one over or inpress them either.

G

Hiding behind a made up name doesnt impress anyone either. You must have thought expediting was good to have gotten out of a big truck and then gone back, glad you you did our industry doesnt need people like you anyway