Expediters Services

Rigsixfiftyone

New Recruit
Driver
Hello, I'm interested In driving a straight truck in the near future. Does anybody on EO know if they hiring solo straight truck drivers, or do they require teams?
Thank you

Rigsixfiftyone

New Recruit
Driver
Are you referring to the path to ownership program?

I'm wondering if their fleet accepts solo straight truck drivers or if they would partner me with another driver. Path to ownership seeme interesting, but, wouldn't be something I'd consider right now.

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching

I'm wondering if their fleet accepts solo straight truck drivers or if they would partner me with another driver. Path to ownership seeme interesting, but, wouldn't be something I'd consider right now.
Yeah like DS said im pretty sure are a truck financing company.

With the PTO program and probably without it they do act as a fleet owner where you They would supply a truck and lease it onto a company like panther or fxcc. But they are not a broker/dispatch themselves. As far as I understand.

When I called about the PTO they wanted you to run for them for 12 months and pay you only .34 cpm in order for you to qualify credit wise to purchase a truck through them. Rip off. I've heard others say 3 months which is doable so maybe they changed it. If you just wanna have them as a fleet owner maybe it's different, but I dont assume so. I would look for a different fleet owner.

Go to the classified section of this website and look in the driver wanted section. Call around until you find one that will take on a solo. Which is what I assume you're looking for.

Rigsixfiftyone

New Recruit
Driver

With the PTO program and probably without it they do act as a fleet owner where you They would supply a truck and lease it onto a company like panther or fxcc. But they are not a broker/dispatch themselves. As far as I understand.

When I called about the PTO they wanted you to run for them for 12 months and pay you only .34 cpm in order for you to qualify credit wise to purchase a truck through them. Rip off. I've heard others say 3 months which is doable so maybe they changed it. If you just wanna have them as a fleet owner maybe it's different, but I dont assume so. I would look for a different fleet owner.

Go to the classified section of this website and look in the driver wanted section. Call around until you find one that will take on a solo. Which is what I assume you're looking for.

If that's the case, I'll probably obtain my CDL A to gain experience that way. Appreciate the response.

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching

If that's the case, I'll probably obtain my CDL A to gain experience that way. Appreciate the response.
Look into the WIOA program in your state. If you qualify you can go to a private cdl school for free. I dont recommend going to a company sponsored school. Get your class A, then if you don't want to ever mess with a TT again, which I definately don't, Find a fleet owner for a straight truck, hopefully find an experienced teammate whose willing to unofficially train you as you actually work, and there you go. Some exp companies require class B or A experience for ST, others do not. Panther for example does not.

Rigsixfiftyone

New Recruit
Driver
Look into the WIOA program in your state. If you qualify you can go to a private cdl school for free. I dont recommend going to a company sponsored school. Get your class A, then if you don't want to ever mess with a TT again, which I definately don't, Find a fleet owner for a straight truck, hopefully find an experienced teammate whose willing to unofficially train you as you actually work, and there you go. Some exp companies require class B or A experience for ST, others do not. Panther for example does not.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input, I haven't heard of the WIOA program before, I'll look into it. I've done lots of searching around, and definitely was going to pay cash for CDL school instead of company sponsored. I don't mind driving TT for a year or two or longer until I can put a ST on a carrier as a solo O/O. I just don't think I'd be a good driver paired with a partner who is a stranger in a ST for a fleet owner. Thanks again!

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Pick up the phone and call them.
Get the facts, not internet BS.
In the past, they would team you up and put you with a legitimate company.
As you learned the business they had various programs to give you different opportunities.
What they offer now, I do not know.
I betcha they know.

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
WIOA is basically financial aid for non college courses like truck driving or welding. As long as your household income is under a certain amount you should qualify. That amount varies by state. When you go talk to the school recruiter they should tell you about it.

Reactions: BigStickJr

Rigsixfiftyone

New Recruit
Driver
Pick up the phone and call them.
Get the facts, not internet BS.
In the past, they would team you up and put you with a legitimate company.
As you learned the business they had various programs to give you different opportunities.
What they offer now, I do not know.
I betcha they know.

I actually talked to them this afternoon.