Expediters Going Hungry, For Real

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Congratulations on making the right decision based on you, your wants and needs and abilities...if more people did what you just did, the failure rate in this business would go way down...

And if that pictures in recent or even a few yrs old, you just made one of the best decisions of your life..do whatever kind of work that will let you stay home with that child and be an active DAILY part of his/her life..

Again congrats! Your decision can only be view with respect..

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Wrong answer!!

Many of the big business Buffes here are just that glorifed Junkies. Talk a good game but when it comes to the table got nothing.

Your Drivers should be taken care of not given the Junk you didnt want to drive nor anything less than your other drivers have been given. There's No call for it!!!
It's just as bad when the 1.00 a mile to DH the truck come into play. That a bunch of Crap as well. If a man stays out for 3-4 months, You best be able to suck up a Dead head or a plane ticket to get that person home. He she earned it.
The other big Ticket that is wrong is keeping Drives pay if they quit you. If that person did the work pay them.
If they Paid Escrow then pay it back to them. The nickel dime crap dont work.

The Co driver I have now did a cross deck off another fleet.
The fleet owner made so many promises saying they were getting a co driver and ya-da ya-da ya-da. Getting a Co Driver Never happend then the Fleet owner Ran off to Israel, and left the person stuck running single. To make matters worse the Owner never paid the person nor did they ever even send them a 1099 Nor even report their earnings to the IRS of which was checked Nada Nothing! I see that there are what YA call professional Fleet Owners out there just as there are Professional Renters so to speak. So ya I can see how Expediters are going hungry and its a shame. I won't pay to Drive someones truck.

There are also Those out here that will sell a truck to you, and then your there slave, you'll never end up owning the thing and if you do its a mirricle.

I won't fall for that senerio I watched a couple get a big house that way and I can see the missery they have. They gave up their Home and the like just so they could keep above water with a truck and trailer payment.

I have A goal and Im going obtain it.
Build a House on My Farm!!!!

Trash is on the Curb waiting pickup

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
Chefdennis, What a very kind thing for you to say. I really appreciate the kind words. Yes, that is my beloved Grandson, Joey, and I don't know what I did in my life to deserve such an angel as him....He is truly the sunshine of my entire life. And, again, you are right, I KNOW now in my heart that I could not stay away from him and my grandchildren probably more than one day.
You and other expeditiers sure do help newbies, or wannabes or what ever you call us who THINK they might want to live the life of an expediter, make the right decision, based on your experience and our LACK OF experience.
Thanks a million times for taking the time to help me make the right decision and I surley do appreciate you saying there is no shame in backing down. THAT is worth a lot.
All you guys are great and good luck to you all.
Your Friend,
Jumbuck...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Congratulations on making the right decision - it's tough, when you want to do something, to admit that it's not the best thing to do. When there are little ones at home, it's not good for you or them to stay gone for weeks - they need you to be a part of their lives as much as possible. [Grandchildren are just plain fun, too, lol]
Expediting [or something like it] will still be around when the little ones grow up, but no amount of money can replace the years while they're doing it.
He's beautiful - enjoy! :)

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
cheri: You are so right! Thanks for your kind words...Jumbuck

If that was my baby's picture and had to do it all again, I would take any job I could find so I could be home everyday and be with my kids. You only live once. That's looking back 42 years on the road.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Congratulations on making the right decision - it's tough, when you want to do something, to admit that it's not the best thing to do. When there are little ones at home, it's not good for you or them to stay gone for weeks - they need you to be a part of their lives as much as possible. [Grandchildren are just plain fun, too, lol]
Expediting [or something like it] will still be around when the little ones grow up, but no amount of money can replace the years while they're doing it.
He's beautiful - enjoy! :)

Cheri I agree 100% with you. Expediting in my opinion is to erratic to have a family life with kids.

I wanted to drive a truck from the time Bob started as a diesel mechanic and am I glad I waited till the time was right. I loved every minute I was able to spend with our girls while they were growing up. Now that is all coming back to us as they are independent of us and they are happy to have us drop in and visit any time day or night.

As the youngest was on her way to college we were on our way to US Xpress and I mean that literally as her grandmother and aunt took her to the university in Chicago. We have never looked back and we have no regrets on how our girls were raised.

Timing is everything and you time will come.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Could you share what little mistakes you have made in the first three weeks. We are always looking for great info. It make allow us to make different mistakes when we hit the road in two weeks.

Thanks