Expediters from North East Ohio....(cargo vans/Sprinters)

urbsk8er

Seasoned Expediter
I'm a newbie here, but have been reading quite a bit on here the last few weeks. I've been noticing a lot of guys that live in Ohio. So I've got a couple questions.
I know I could ask a recruiter, but I want 100% true info from someone based in the same area as me.

If anyone from NE Ohio would be willing to answer the typical questions like income, how long are you out, etc, I'd love to know. Either posting back on here or sending me a PM.

I'm just looking for real numbers, as I'm looking for a change in my life.

Also, I'm looking to hear back more from Van/Sprinter drivers.

Thanks in advance!
Jon

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Numbers as you know are more of a guideline..as an individuals numbers reflect on a drivers work habits more then a specific geological area...

Also" Can I make a living at this?"

Again a floating question....everyone's needs are different.

Is NE Ohio good for freight?...definitely, as is most of Ohio...

Good Luck

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I'm a newbie here, but have been reading quite a bit on here the last few weeks. I've been noticing a lot of guys that live in Ohio. So I've got a couple questions.
I know I could ask a recruiter, but I want 100% true info from someone based in the same area as me.

If anyone from NE Ohio would be willing to answer the typical questions like income, how long are you out, etc, I'd love to know. Either posting back on here or sending me a PM.

I'm just looking for real numbers, as I'm looking for a change in my life.

Also, I'm looking to hear back more from Van/Sprinter drivers.

Thanks in advance!
Jon
I used to live in Salem, Ohio and it wasn't bad....I drive for P2 and I generally waited about 1 or 2 days at the house before I got a load. To make decent money I'd stay out about 2-3 weeks and then go home. these days have been somewhat slow since I live in Florida, but I have stayed out longer to cover costs....just seems to be a lot of other drivers out there also.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Jon

Freight has always been good in Ohio. As for a van ask OVM he is one of the pro's with vans. I'm no pro just an expediter. You can make good money in this business IF you run team, running single is hard to make it sometimes. Just plan ahead.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My best year ever I made 80k before expenses, and that was in the 1997, is there anyone making that now in a van? Maybe, but they are the ones that work hard at it, when I made that kind of money I stayed out 6-8 weeks at a time before coming home for a few days then back out again, how much you can make depends on how hard you wanna work at it, take the time to learn your carriers freight lanes,do your homework know your cpm, set your numbers and don't wavier from that number and you'll make a living.