Expediter Movie to be released!

RoadSaint

Expert Expediter
Haha, when I first saw the headline, I was like "Oh no!" Every industry that gets a TV show or movie ends up being garbage afterward. Like Uship with shipping wars, or storage auctions with storage wars. I got to see both of these before those TV shows were on the air, and can say that these shows destroyed those industries. Too much exposure is a bad thing in any industry with low barriers to entry.

As far as the storage auction thing goes, it's terrible these days. There used to be competition amongst people who semi-specialized in the sorts of lockers they were looking for, but it was typically kept profitable because you only had intelligent, thoughtful people who broke into that industry to begin with. But when the spotlight was put on it and it was glamorized by TV, you got a huge influx of what I call "tourists". They will save up a stake and try to make it themselves in the business, but usually end up overbidding and losing their money, which ultimately results in their swift exit from the business. But with a highly rated TV show fueling the fire, there are always more tourists to replace the ones that quickly leave, so the prices are pushed to the floor by inexperienced buyers who are inevitably going to fail.

Same thing could happen with expediting if it got a lot of exposure. One failed tourist would sell his expediting vehicle to the next one, perpetuating the cycle. The only ones who profit from these situations are the auctioneers and the vehicle manufacturers. ;)

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
They do that already at big mega carriers with TT's. Put their drivers into a huge weekly payment, nice brand new truck, call them lease operators, pay them on 1099, pay them peanuts per mile, run them into the ground grinding out miles. Make huge profits off people willing to run below costs who don't know any better. When they fail sign up some new ones with stars in their eyes. Nice racket.

Reactions: cheri1122

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
10347178_10152579151005000_3338998557315783087_n.jpg 10999323_879762568752319_7461219177292954020_nLANDED.jpg COOL BEANS GUYS!!! REAL EXPEDITE I THINK THE ARMED FORCES HAD IT LONG BEFORE THE COMPANIES DID. AIR LAND AND SEA WHEN IT HAD TO GET THEIR NO MATTER WHAT. EVEN IN THE DESERT.. THE NAME OF THE MOVIE SHOULD BE ROGUE EXPEDITER !!!

Last edited:

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Could probably consult with some former Navy Seals talking it up at the truckstop counter.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
More like Cube Jockeys sitting in Ohio that go nothing better to do then come on here and try to be Drivers vice Cube Jockeys that go home every night. Cube jockeys what a Joke.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Haha, when I first saw the headline, I was like "Oh no!" Every industry that gets a TV show or movie ends up being garbage afterward. Like Uship with shipping wars, or storage auctions with storage wars. I got to see both of these before those TV shows were on the air, and can say that these shows destroyed those industries. Too much exposure is a bad thing in any industry with low barriers to entry.

As far as the storage auction thing goes, it's terrible these days. There used to be competition amongst people who semi-specialized in the sorts of lockers they were looking for, but it was typically kept profitable because you only had intelligent, thoughtful people who broke into that industry to begin with. But when the spotlight was put on it and it was glamorized by TV, you got a huge influx of what I call "tourists". They will save up a stake and try to make it themselves in the business, but usually end up overbidding and losing their money, which ultimately results in their swift exit from the business. But with a highly rated TV show fueling the fire, there are always more tourists to replace the ones that quickly leave, so the prices are pushed to the floor by inexperienced buyers who are inevitably going to fail.

Same thing could happen with expediting if it got a lot of exposure. One failed tourist would sell his expediting vehicle to the next one, perpetuating the cycle. The only ones who profit from these situations are the auctioneers and the vehicle manufacturers. ;)

Are you serious? Expedite has already been pretty much gutted out from what I can see. How much lower can it go? Thee are so many straight truck drivers running for 1.50 per mile already. How low can It go? Also, in order to attract all of the people into our business, drivers would have to be making some real money. Most are just breaking even! If they would have made a movie about expediting in the early nineties, it would be a different story. I have a friend who said he used to take home 3k every two weeks after expenses driving a van for a fleet owner. Can you imagine that! There were less companies and more work back in those days. It's completely different today!