Expediter Hall of Fame to Shut down website after 2011 Expo.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
I don't know anything about the other website. But having a "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude because not everyone is in lockstep with your opinions seems silly.
This is the Internet after all.

This is exactly what I got out of this announcement. I'm on the outside looking in, but is somebody seriously considering shutting down their website because someone(s) were saying negative things?

Seems like an expedited way to lose any respect they might have had....

fired at you from my Droideka

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yes Jim there are now multiple sites for expediter...EO, EW and another that was started within the last few months by a few of our :banned" friends from here...I can't ell you the name nor do I have the link (it is buried in a thread about being slow on here, but I am not sure which one...A few members here are going there and encouraging others to go, me I went when I seen the link posted, seen who it was and left and haven't been back...but yea its out there...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I see no problem with OM taking over the operation. While EO is advertiser driven, Lawrence is a man of values and honor. Is he going to do whatever he can to gain and keep advertisers in an honest and straight forward manner? Yes. Is he going to do whatever he can to gain and keep advertisers? No. If he were not a man of values and honor and the answer to the second question were yes then I'd think OM and EO shouldn't be involved with the HOF. As things are there is no legitimate reason for them not to be and no legitimate reason to be negative about them being involved.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
David Mayfield the President of Mayfield Express LLC said " The site will be shut down after this years Expedite Expo because their is nobody that can run this site without something negitive said."
OK, first off, the next time you release a "press release," hire a proofreader before you release it.

"The site will be shut down after this year's Expedite Expo because there is no one who can run the site without something negative being said."

In addition, spelling and grammar aside, the above sentence makes no sense.

Secondly, who cares if something negative is being said by others? It's your project, and if you want to do it, then do it. If you want bylaws, write them. If you want OTM or EO to take over the hosting or even the operation of the HoF, then let them.

Unless you set up the Hall of Fame to be an impartial institution, which by definition a Hall of Fame cannot be, then regardless of who runs the site, be it you or Lawrence or anyone else, a conflict of interest cannot exist. You may enshrine into the hall anyone you want for whatever reason you want, and you can not enshrine anyone you want for whatever reason you want - it's your hall and you can do with it whatever you like.

Do you know how you get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? It's not because you're a great actor or musician or something. You have to be in the biz for at least five years (or dead five years, if the award is given after a celebrity is deceased), and there are 20 stars awarded every year. Any celebrity can be nominated, but the celebrity or his management has to OK the nomination. Oh, and if you are selected as one of the 20, you or your management or whoever nominated you have to pay $30,000, to pay for the star itself, the ceremony, and clean-up in case anyone pees on the star or drops a mustard-covered hot dog on it.

The Walk of Fame is operated by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and is tourism tool. They created it and they can do whatever they want to with it. Julia Roberts, Robert Redford, George Lucas, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Michael Douglas, Sean Connery and Woody Allen do not have stars on the Walk of Fame.

Judge Judy, Ryan Seacrest and the Olsen Twins have one, tho.

An entire family, Bruce Dern, Laura Dern and Diane Ladd, are all getting stars this year. So are the Muppets.

You created the Expediter Hall of Fame, and you can do whatever you want to with it. Just do it. Whatever I or anyone else has to way about it is irrelevant.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
OK, first off, the next time you release a "press release," hire a proofreader before you release it.

"The site will be shut down after this year's Expedite Expo because there is no one who can run the site without something negative being said."

In addition, spelling and grammar aside, the above sentence makes no sense.

Secondly, who cares if something negative is being said by others? It's your project, and if you want to do it, then do it. If you want bylaws, write them. If you want OTM or EO to take over the hosting or even the operation of the HoF, then let them.

Unless you set up the Hall of Fame to be an impartial institution, which by definition a Hall of Fame cannot be, then regardless of who runs the site, be it you or Lawrence or anyone else, a conflict of interest cannot exist. You may enshrine into the hall anyone you want for whatever reason you want, and you can not enshrine anyone you want for whatever reason you want - it's your hall and you can do with it whatever you like.

Do you know how you get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? It's not because you're a great actor or musician or something. You have to be in the biz for at least five years (or dead five years, if the award is given after a celebrity is deceased), and there are 20 stars awarded every year. Any celebrity can be nominated, but the celebrity or his management has to OK the nomination. Oh, and if you are selected as one of the 20, you or your management or whoever nominated you have to pay $30,000, to pay for the star itself, the ceremony, and clean-up in case anyone pees on the star or drops a mustard-covered hot dog on it.

The Walk of Fame is operated by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and is tourism tool. They created it and they can do whatever they want to with it. Julia Roberts, Robert Redford, George Lucas, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Michael Douglas, Sean Connery and Woody Allen do not have stars on the Walk of Fame.

Judge Judy, Ryan Seacrest and the Olsen Twins have one, tho.

An entire family, Bruce Dern, Laura Dern and Diane Ladd, are all getting stars this year. So are the Muppets.

You created the Expediter Hall of Fame, and you can do whatever you want to with it. Just do it. Whatever I or anyone else has to way about it is irrelevant.

Trutle

You just love to bust my chops :) But your okay my friend. I was half awake when I typed that. I never said I was the best writer and will never claim to be. You know with my child like writing.

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trutle

You just love to bust my chops :) But your okay my friend. I was half awake when I typed that. I never said I was the best writer and will never claim to be. You know with my child like writing.

Dave!!!!! There is your writer for th EHOF!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Uhm, no. Sorry. My personal opinion about the whole thing would make writing for it most definitely a conflict of interest.

Besides, the important point was not grammar, but that external opinions mean diddly with regard to who operates the HoF, and in how they operate it.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would just do what you want to do and not worry about what others think. You could do the most perfect site and then a few will still complain "it is too perfect".

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Thanks Dave for moving this post like the EHOF asked. It seems that some people have nothing better to do than to worry about where EO moves posts to. EO didn't move it, we ask for it to be move.