Excessive speeding

Rodney Mac

New Recruit
Researching
Hello, anyone familiar with any companies that accept an excessive speeding ticket? (70 in a 55) I was turned down by FedEx. Thanks.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Anybody that will accept it would probably be someone you wouldn’t want to work for.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Most companies will allow 1 over 15 mph in the last 3 yrs. but thats it. Dont get anymore or you’ll be a goner. No place for speeding in this business. There is plenty of time to make that delivery. If you work for someone who is not realistic and wants you to speed then its time to find a new carrier. Plenty of carriers out there doing the right thing.

Rodney Mac

New Recruit
Researching
Thanks for your reply. I was actually working for an owner operator who wasn't very realistic at all...

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Treadmill, will your carrier hire with 1 “over 15” ticket ?
I thought 15 over is reckless driving.
My thinking is most decent carriers will terminate you for this.

I could be wrong.

Reactions: Rodney Mac

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Treadmill, will your carrier hire with 1 “over 15” ticket ?
I thought 15 over is reckless driving.
My thinking is most decent carriers will terminate you for this.

I could be wrong.
When i was with Landstar this rule applied. If im not mistaken my carrier (Load 1) has the same rule.

Reactions: Rodney Mac

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
There are three actions, over which the driver has complete control, that create serious CSA points for the driver, owner and the carrier. Speeding over 15 or in construction zone, failure to properly use a seat belt or hands on telephone use. Any owner or carrier would be concerned about an applicant with a recent history of violating regulations concerning any of these infractions.