Exception to the rules... Unpaid miliage

triadcowboy

Rookie Expediter
Finally get a load out of TX yesterday, after 4 days of sitting, problem is the pickup was 400 miles out from my location and dispatch gave them a impossible ETA for me to make.
To make a long story short... the "customer" pulls the load prior to my arrival. The courier claims she did all she could to keep it under us. So now I sitting 300 miles away from any good location to get a load (EX. Dallas) I had done driven 320 miles unpaid and probally going have to drive that far again to get a load.
Last I heard Dispatch was settling up with the courier... I told them not to forget about my time.... and the possibility of missing a load because of this one....... they acted like that was a unusual request... Maybe... but still they going get compesated for cost of fuel, office time and other.... why not ask for driver time?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You should probably get milage and a dry run charge that's about it. If the load was canceled do to late Pu the customer doesn't owe a thing it would be your company who needs to step up and pay you.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

triadcowboy

Rookie Expediter
Last I heard, they was going give me my flat rate for trips less than 400 miles.... When I see it on my check, i will believe it LOL.... Which is better than nothing....