Every Expediter Needs To Experience This..

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Took the ferry from Vancouver across to Vancouver Island for a delivery. Really an excellent experience. I agree, it's a great feeling to be paid the milage while not even driving. I also got reimbursed the cost of round trip ferry on top of my milage rate. Good time!

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Oh yes! I did it in the winter of 2006 after a delivery in Burlington, VT in an 18-wheeler. It was the only way I could get to Plattsburgh in just a few hours. It was beautiful. More beautiful than taking the ferry from Windsor to Detroit with a HazMat load.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I once delivered to North Hero, VT, which in an island in the middle of the lake, but I drove there.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Took the ferry from Vancouver across to Vancouver Island for a delivery. Really an excellent experience. I agree, it's a great feeling to be paid the milage while not even driving. I also got reimbursed the cost of round trip ferry on top of my milage rate. Good time!

JuJu and I once did Newfoundland...7-8 hour cruise one way, all expenses paid.....had a small jet engine for an air ambulance helicopter...

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Yeah man, I love riding a ferry and have been on all sorts, all over this country and Canada, from the big ferries that used to go from New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to PEI (multi-level deals with train tracks and tractor trailers on the lowest) to ones that take you to islands off the East and West Coasts, to one of the longest running ferries in America, the Anderson Ferry across the Ohio River:

800px-AndersonFerry-2007.jpg

Just something about being on the water in your vehicle, and getting out and hanging at the railing while being transported across. I've seen whales, porpoise, Bald Eagles, fishing villages, etc.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
what did they charge? We were going to take the ferry from NY to VT one time in our car and they wanted like $40 each way!! We stayed in NY and kept the money in our pocket

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I have taken trucks on a few ferries in our time on the road. Our routes have not been wonderful scenic in great weather but the ferry rides were interesting nevertheless.

Ferry_300.jpg

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
My first thought on seeing the photo above was that the view would scare me, lol, but then I remembered a sweeeet delivery to a base in Port Hueneme, Ca, where I stopped right at the edge of the bay to check out the sea lions. [My dog barked at them and they barked back - it was hilarious. But smelly!]

Suds: click on the link, there's a rate chart - don't forget there may be a 3% fuel surcharge added.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have taken the Badger from Ludington, MI to Manitowoc, WI empty. Sorry, no pictures.

I also did a round trip loaded from Marion, IL to Marion, KY on a small ferry across the Ohio River.
.DSCN0032.jpg
This was on I-29 just south of Pembina, no ferry involved!

Attachments

• High water 014.jpg
    High water 014.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 43

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I have done the Long Island Ny. To CT. Ferry before...

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter

I took the Vancouver with the girl I married 27 years ago to the day, told her I was taking her on a cruise. She was a good sport about it and really enjoyed it. Girl I married;http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.png Ain't she sweet!?
She's gonna kill me now.....

Attachments

• SHERRY CHEV LUV 1980ISH 001.jpg
    SHERRY CHEV LUV 1980ISH 001.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 61

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Did the Newfounldland ferry twice and the vancouver island ferry 3 times also Ocracoke Island in N.C.