Espar Installation Cost

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have my old Espar D2 sitting around in a box from 2014 with all the accessories a new fuel pick up pipe and blower motor. I was looking for someone, got quotes years ago in the $300-500 range, does anyone have any recommended installers that will do it on the cheap or a fair price? Espar of Michigan quoted $600 few years back. Installing into 2006 Sprinter 158 under pass seat or on side step, insulation and batteries in place.

Last edited:

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Thermo king in toledo,ohio out on 795/280 might do it.
And the side step is not a good location for the espar because of the sliding door attaches to a roller under the step. The best locations is right behind the drivers seat or in front of the rear wheel well on either side.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's about a 5-6 hour install. I don't know anyone who would do it for less than $100 an hour. There might be someone who will.

If you're so inclined...

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have my old Espar D2 sitting around in a box from 2014 with all the accessories a new fuel pick up pipe and blower motor. I was looking for someone, got quotes years ago in the $300-500 range, does anyone have any recommended installers that will do it on the cheap or a fair price? Espar of Michigan quoted $600 few years back. Installing into 2006 Sprinter 158 under pass seat or on side step, insulation and batteries in place.
With the increase in labor and shop supplies, I am betting that you won't see an installation of the espar unit for under 500 bucks. There are many shops who will not install a unit in a vehicle that has been bought from someone other than them.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have my old Espar D2 sitting around in a box from 2014 with all the accessories a new fuel pick up pipe and blower motor.

I was looking for someone, got quotes years ago in the $300-500 range, does anyone have any recommended installers that will do it on the cheap or a fair price?
That's 7 years ago.
Prices have gone up.

Espar of Michigan quoted $600 few years back. Installing into 2006 Sprinter 158 under pass seat or on side step, insulation and batteries in place.
Sounds about right.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wayne Rodd might do it hes a sprinter guru here in toledo,ohio
Yeah I'm on the West Coast right now was planning to head to Texas to pick up my heater in Storage and can go from there to get the install. If I could have someone drop the tank and install the pick up pipe I think I could attempt the rest of the job. I heard Wayne does real nice work on the rebuilt engines for $6k. Lot of T1N's seem to be losing their engines due to bad injectors. Does anyone know if he's on ebay or just does it by request?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's 7 years ago.
Prices have gone up.

Sounds about right.
Ragman though how about Detroit, getting any better I was there Summer before last for a day just passing through. Should have bought that house in EEV for $80k.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, it seems time for the yearly Espar repair. .smh. I have a " no flame detected" on the screen. Seriously considering buying one of those $130.00 Chinese Espar knock- offs..

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you do get a ebay kit with a tank you can mount on the wall.
Yea, I know. But I may end up putting a tank underneath just to keep the fuel from being inside and to not hear the clicking of the fuel pump as well. Getting the Espar fixed tomorrow and it is than that I'll make the executive decision as to put an Espar in the new van, transfer the Espar in the current van into the new van, or to just put a Chinese Espar imposter into the new van...

Reactions: Charity's Van