Espar heaters

brewers

Expert Expediter
I was wondering if anyone out there using espar heaters could tell me if they have any emissions odors? I am very sensitive to odors, neat heat in sprinter but want to be able to breathe and not be sick at stomach. Any info would be appreciated.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe when it first starts after not being used for an extended period other than that never noticed a thing.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

guido4475

Not a Member
When mine kicks on high fan mode it initially smells like that of an Kirby vacuum cleaner with a belt gone bad. Espar says it is normal, but I disagree.its been doing that since I got it.it goes away eventually. I have a B-4 model.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you're getting emission odors, that's not supposed to happen, unless you're getting them in through a window or a hole under the truck when those odors exit the Espar's tail pipe.

guido4475

Not a Member
Its the heated air that has the odor. Not coming from anywhere outside. You can literally put you're face in front of the inside vent as it is blowing the warm air inside and smell the heated air. When I had it serviced as the blower motor was being replaced I asked them about this as it was doing it inside their shop. Normal, they said. I disagree. Smells like hot rubber but goes away. No, nothing is not even close to it to be burning...

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I m sensitive to smells and have horrible allergies. Only smll we have is after not using it for six months and the initial use is just like turning the heat on at home for the first time. Just a little burning dust. Other than that no smells at all. Sometimes the air gets a bit dry and needed to use saline nasal spray or invest in a small humidifier, and use extra dryer sheets.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

brewers

Expert Expediter
I don't have one yet....is there any smells after you turn them off? Any suggestions to what kind is good for ext sprinter and best place to have mounted. Thanks everyone for the input.:)

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Ive just look at ebay on the espar d4 and from the UK its only $1450 with the kit included. Shipping is $65 to 70 bucks. Im thinking about buying that and having the espar people install it. What does everyone think about that?? At the espar place its like $1950.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I don't have one yet....is there any smells after you turn them off? Any suggestions to what kind is good for ext sprinter and best place to have mounted. Thanks everyone for the input.:)

Im getting the D4, its better to have too much than not enough.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have the D2, installed and purchase from Ray of Espar of Michigan. Just got it in mid July. They say to start it once a month and let it run for about 10 to 15 min. I have used it, and I do not or can not tell if it smells. Have never notice any smells.

You can find info here. Espar of Michigan

guido4475

Not a Member
Well I am at the yard till morning, or until a load comes up. Anyone is welcome to smell my air outlet and verify this for themselves.. all I have to do is make the blower/burner go into high mode and it will do it for a few minutes...

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hehehehehe.......muahahahahahaha!!!

Bwahahahaahahaha!!!!!

Sorry about your problem but......Roflmao!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ive just look at ebay on the espar d4 and from the UK its only $1450 with the kit included. Shipping is $65 to 70 bucks. Im thinking about buying that and having the espar people install it. What does everyone think about that?? At the espar place its like $1950.
Well, you can buy it for $1450 and then pay the Espar people $500 to install it, or you can pay the Espar people $1950 for it including installation. Tough call.

Just to be clear on the emissions odors, there should be no diesel or exhaust odors inside the truck. The only "odors" you should have coming from the heat output of the Espar is the odor of cooked air, same as with an electrical space heater or any other heater.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I am at the yard till morning, or until a load comes up. Anyone is welcome to smell my air outlet and verify this for themselves.. all I have to do is make the blower/burner go into high mode and it will do it for a few minutes...

Clam down, no one is saying your air outlet don't smell. I wonder if it has anything to do with gas? :cool:

guido4475

Not a Member
Who was getting excited?... I was just saying..that's all. Look elsewhere for an argument.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
...could it be sucking in the dog hair and burning it off and then it is gone?....

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Thought about that, but remember the unit is in an enclosed box and the air intake port on the box for the Espar is covered with a filtered vent cover. it collects dust well, but doubt if dog hair makes it through that filter. Never found any in the Espar when I would occasionally take the cover off of the top of the unit and blow it out with an air gun. Just dust.The Espar guys said the box was fine and not causing any kind of air restriction as well.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Who was getting excited?... I was just saying..that's all. Look elsewhere for an argument.

Don't know ya and never met ya, and you me. What makes you think I was "Looking" for an argument? It was a joke about your air outlet...... And so is this.

Attachments

• Soul.jpg
    Soul.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 23