EOBR's will be the death knell for O/O's

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
]“It remains to be seen if anyone can live through this administration without becoming unionized. . . . The cost base of unions is driving manufacturing principally to Mexico,” he said, adding that Freightliner and Navistar already have substantial presences there.

Hebe said the labor situation in Mexico argues against sharp swings in production levels.

“There are no unemployed truck workers sitting around in Mexico. We will have to train truck builders who have never built trucks before — and that means a ramp-up will have to be slow, or quality will have to suffer.

“Truck jobs in the U.S. are gone and will not be coming back,” Hebe said

Thank You barry, thank you berry mush............

touble

Seasoned Expediter
Well there you go, American Sold Out Again! I would like to Thank Bill Clinton for Nafta, Good old George W and Sweet Barry, for keeping the Borders as wide open as possible. Make no mistake about it, the Mexica trucks are coming and one day there will no longer be borders to worry about. The Goverment and Big Business will make sure that America as it used to be, will be no more.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is the same "genius" who almost killed Freightliner with his guaranteed buy backs for fleets and buying up of other truck manufacturers and then doing nothing with them product wise (has Sterling or W-Star really had anything new since the takeover?)

There are some good nuggets in the story but Mr Hebe likes to see the world through rose colored glasses and then when he takes them off the sky is falling. He's quite the salesman/showman.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I didn't see much in that article that one would think was being seen through "rose colored glasses"........but it did seem to be more along the lines of "te sky is falling".............

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OH! And don't forget we have Hilary doing our Secretary of State, talking away whatever smidgens of American Pride there is left, to not necessarily the highest bidding country.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Ok so a vp of a company who actually has nothing to do with trucking other than providing the tools has come out and said the American Trucker is an extinct animal and Mexican truckers can fill the gap - oh and that EOBRs will put a crimp in the Owner/Operators type due to the fact that they are lazy and stupid simply because all of them break the laws in the first place.

Did I get that all right?

Here is the thing, he represents a company that builds trucks and wants to sell them here. So when ever I get to one of the truck shows, I have to ask the sales rep why in the h*ll should I buy a truck from their company who think the American trucker is an extinct animal in todays world and all the owner/operators are dumb and stupid?

Maybe we all should write to the company ans ask them that question, why.

touble

Seasoned Expediter
Greg; Good point! I know this boy will never buy a Freightliner. I am very surprise more people are not outrage by these remarks.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greg; Good point! I know this boy will never buy a Freightliner. I am very surprise more people are not outrage by these remarks.

Cross International off your list cause that's who he works for now (last 3 yrs)