ENRON

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
After reading USA today friday, there they were on the front page.

How can it be human nature to be so greedy as to destroy with no guilt thousands let alone ONE persons retirment and bankrupt, a company.

Call me out of it what ever I just do not understand what one person could do with 100 million that they could not do with 10 million.

I guess this is why I also do not understand the rush when the lottery hits high #s. I really find it an honor to work for my $, rather than have to cheat others out of theres to line my pockets. If I have ever cheated anyone I apoligize.

I am glad to see that a Judge is going to hand down the punishment, and not the Jury.

I have since not purchased any stock of any kind, I still have stock but this has made me to not trust Wall Street. Real Estate is harder to steal until the law was passed that Walmart is more important than ones freedom to HOLD OUT.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>I just do not understand what
>one person could do with 100 million that they could not do
>with 10 million.

Well you're right but to me power corupts and money provides power. As much as I know I will hear someone defending her, Martha Stewart is one of the most greediest persons I have ever heard of - all the c**p she went through was over $63,000 and how many millions does she have? She still is lauded as someone who is you and I feel sorry for - NOT!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Like my dad says... how many steaks do they want for dinner?

It's human nature to separate ppl from what they have, whether it's by stealing or selling or scamming. The more you control what they own, the more power you hold over their lives.

He who buys need one hundred eyes. But one's enough for those who sell the stuff. - Ben Franklin

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Thank you Broom.During the black outs in California,as Enron was manipulating our energy,I lost 2 computers in a major crash.The power surge's,one after another within a hour,was more then they could take.
Everytime I see Lay and Skillings mugs,I remeber trying to get Dell to anty up some bucks,no luck.Can I add my name to the list of losers?

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
>Thank you Broom.During the black outs in California,as Enron
>was manipulating our energy,I lost 2 computers in a major
>crash.The power surge's,one after another within a hour,was
>more then they could take.
>Everytime I see Lay and Skillings mugs,I remeber trying to
>get Dell to anty up some bucks,no luck.Can I add my name to
>the list of losers?

Okay Cal at your request, I will add you to my list of losers.}>

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>Thank you Broom.During the black outs in California,as Enron
>was manipulating our energy,I lost 2 computers in a major
>crash.The power surge's,one after another within a hour,was
>more then they could take.
>Everytime I see Lay and Skillings mugs,I remeber trying to
>get Dell to anty up some bucks,no luck.Can I add my name to
>the list of losers?

Well is this Clintons Energy policy at work? Didn't Blackouts actually start in the 90's?

Sorry about your computers but I wouldn't pay a dime either if I was Dell. There is something called a UPS which you should have had in the first place. The last one I bought cost $300 and I have 4 computers hooked up to it - still going strong. We have brownouts and black outs on a regular basis here and where I used to live had rock solid electrical but still used a UPS.

To be exact there are all kinds of power protection devices that have been around for years.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
True... and the surge devices are what pays out in case your computer takes a dive during a brownout. Companies like Kensington usually has a $10,000 guarantee on their protectors.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
My broker with Merrill Lynch at the time was touting this new Fund, that was about 30% Enron. This would have been a great investment if it worked out #1 but only with a few thousand. But the fund could not be opened up without 10K.

So with due pressure I purchased with 10K, sure enough it shot up to 15K with in weeks. I wanted out, but oh no lets buy more. Thank god I did not have any more $ at the time. Two months later I sold it all at less than $4K. He was ##### but I was more so.

I no longer deal with Merrill, I wanted to sell at 8 but insisted at 4 its now worth pennies if I were still in it.

Talk about things happening fast this thing needed to be monitored daily, and it only changed price at the end of the day you could not sell it at anytime except before the close of the day and than had to see which way the markets went.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
FYI,Stanford University's network(one of the largest and fastest in the world)lost 4 banks of servers at the same time.Go figure?Java was reduced to moccha,and yes,Sun did pay out.My good friend was on the Sun/Stanford support team.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>FYI,Stanford University's network(one of the largest and
>fastest in the world)lost 4 banks of servers at the same
>time.Go figure?Java was reduced to moccha,and yes,Sun did
>pay out.My good friend was on the Sun/Stanford support team.

Yea your right, but I would think that Stanford would have gone down the path of leasing equipment and having some sort of service agreement in place to cover the damages. I negotiated enough of these contracts with Sun to know that they would pay.