Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
s-l1000.jpg

Reactions: Grizzly

Acquisitions

Active Expediter
Recruiter
it's not only about the Weed, It's about a whole generation that can't get a good job, or go into a career that they want because when they were young and got busted for a Joint and have had a criminal record to deal with all there life.....now that will go away...

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I find disturbing are the trucking websites that have articles on cannabis and driving trucks, while the report states federal law still and hopefully forever will prohibit cannabis use, the states that have legalized recreational use are enacting laws PROHIBITING businesses from terminating, or refusing to hire someone who pops positive. In Maine a stoner can sue an employer if they say "I'm sorry you failed the drug test no job offer or your fired"
Worse yet the supposed CDL holders posting that think it unfair that us professionals, the public, and the federal government should expect someone operating a commercial vehicle should be drug free.

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gets really murky when the government makes something legal and available for public consumption. Are there any tests for alcohol use?

I'm not talking about being impaired while driving, that's obviously clear cut.

Anyone how the Canucks are handling this?

Acquisitions

Active Expediter
Recruiter
The problem is that alcohol can leave your system in as little as 12 hours and the traces of Cannabis can take mush longer even when the driver has no effects.....and if you are a heavy set person and you smoked cannabis and stopped and then 2 years later you go on a crash diet your odds of showing a positive for cannabis increase greatly because THC sits in your fat cells and as you diet it goes back in your system..... we in Canada still have a zero tolerance for drug and alcohol and all drivers that drive commercial trucks and cross the border are tested and are on random testing

Reactions: Turtle