Empty moves

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
Does Panther have a new unannounced policy of not issuing empty moves? I have spoken to a small number of drivers that could not get one.

Just wondering if anyone knows.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Pretty much the same. Might be different on the vans? Not too sure on that one.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
most of the empty moves i get are to areas which show one load a day(meaning one load a week) with 2 vans there...usually turn them down and move to a more productive area..

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I just remembered something....we've been offered empty moves to a different city, but it's in the same board. That makes no sense to me. Has this happened to anyone else?

beau112233

Seasoned Expediter
I just remembered something....we've been offered empty moves to a different city, but it's in the same board. That makes no sense to me. Has this happened to anyone else?

The EM system is designed to select the city in the "center" of the board that it is suggesting that you go to. You do not have to go to that city, in order to be paid for the EM. As long as you end up on the same board as the suggested city.

In a general theory, it is best to "suggest" that everyone goes to the center of the board, but Panther does not expect you to carry it that far.

Beau Beaudin
Elite Expediting, Inc
Panther Fleet Owner

beau112233

Seasoned Expediter
Does Panther have a new unannounced policy of not issuing empty moves? I have spoken to a small number of drivers that could not get one.

Just wondering if anyone knows.

Sometimes it is just the Panther computer system not working correctly. This will also happen when you are in northern Canada, where the QC is known for not tracking very well.

If you really want an EM offer, you can force the system to issue you a new one, by going out of service for a few mintues and than coming back in.

Beau Beaudin
Elite Expediting, Inc
Panther Fleet Owner
8 years

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
Sometimes it is just the Panther computer system not working correctly. This will also happen when you are in northern Canada, where the QC is known for not tracking very well.

If you really want an EM offer, you can force the system to issue you a new one, by going out of service for a few mintues and than coming back in.

Beau Beaudin
Elite Expediting, Inc
Panther Fleet Owner
8 years

My satellite doesn't work at all in Saskatoon. I emptied in South Dakota to a zero a day load, and could see four boards with 1 to 3 loads a day, and did not get an EM. Tried the OOS back in three times and it did not work.

Never had that happen before. I drove to the 3 a day on my own. When I called Panther I was told they don't offer empty moves to vans which I know is incorrect. I have had computer generated as well as manual empty moves when ever Panther or I needed them up til this time.

Maybe it was a computer glitch. Being the paranoid type I have other ideas. :eek:

Doesn't make me want to jump on loads to Colorado etc without getting the move up front.

ps. I like being with Panther in case it looks otherwise. Just wish they were more perfect than I am. :cool: