Electronic Logging

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Just wondered who is using it.

I love it myself, tho it took me awhile to get used to the "gotta do it now" part. I like that DOT tends not to inspect as much, the trucks that use it. That reminds me... I have to get the stickers saying I log that way. Hope Dora has them.

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
hi tennessehawk,

Since your on electronic logs, and want to take the per diem deduction, make it a point to print out Monthly,
Reason, The DOT does not require the companies to keep them on file for more than 6 months, So if you have not printed any of last years you might be out of luck to prove the Per Diem, so get in the habit to do it.

[h=1]Franklin Katz, RTRP, ATP, PA, PB[/h][h=1]Frank's Tax & Business Service[/h][h=1]315 E. King St.[/h][h=1]Kings Mountain, NC 28086[/h][h=1]Local # 704-739-4039 Toll Free# 877-857-1040[/h][h=1]E-Mail: [email protected])[/h][h=1]Web: Kings Mountain, NC Accounting Firm | Home Page | Frank's Tax & Business Services[/h][h=1] [/h][h=1]IRS Circular 230 Notice: Unless expressly stated otherwise inthis
transmission, any tax advice contained herein, forwarded with or attached to
this message was not and is not intended to be used, nor may it be relied
upon or used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of (1) the avoidance of any
tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or
local tax law provisions, or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any tax transaction or tax-related matters that may be
addressed herein.

[/h]

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
hi Again,

You have to remember the Per Diem has to be proved, cause the IRS will actually want weather it be electronic or written logs to prove your deduction.

Also, I heard something from a driver for Fed Ex, who is on electronic logs, and he was told to use the Sleeper line all the time for time off. The IRS will not allow this, due to it is stating that you have never taken time off. duty. They were also told never use the Line 1 Off Duty, I am still asking WHY???

YOUR EATING, TRUCK IN SHOP, AND YOUR IN A HOTEL, OR HOME, OR JUST SITTING IN A TRUCK STOP WAITING FOR A LOAD, OR STUCK FOR A WEEKEND, tHAT IS ACTUALLY CONSIDERED OFF DUTY. AND I KNOW THE IRS will not allow a being in the sleeper on the days your home on vacation, or taking a day off. Away from home;.

Better check with your CO. to make sure they are following the DOT regs.

Franklin Katz, RTRP, ATP, PA, PB
Frank's Tax & Business Service
315 E. King St.
Kings Mountain, NC 28086
Local # 704-739-4039 Toll Free# 877-857-1040
E-Mail: [email protected])
Web: Kings Mountain, NC Accounting Firm | Home Page | Frank's Tax & Business Services

IRS Circular 230 Notice: Unless expressly stated otherwise inthis
transmission, any tax advice contained herein, forwarded with or attached to this message was not and is not intended to be used, nor may it be relied upon or used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of (1) the avoidance of any tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions, or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax transaction or tax-related matters that may be addressed herein.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Dora of Matt should have the electronic log door sticker for your truck. I think they are great and I wish more guys would embrace them. You get rid of so much of the simple task work that is also the leading CSA point violations (form and manner).

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Dora of Matt should have the electronic log door sticker for your truck. I think they are great and I wish more guys would embrace them. You get rid of so much of the simple task work that is also the leading CSA point violations (form and manner).

I'm using elog as a solo and am liking it. The elog sticker on the door seems to be a LEO repellent.

sent using my Galaxy Tablet

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

Drove over to get the stickers, and they were already on the truck. DOH!

One thing I do miss tho, is being creative. I made it into the yard last night, with 4 minutes left to spare on my 14. WHEW!

cherokee727

Expert Expediter
Hmmm never knew i needed to print my logs for per diem.... oops.... we keep track of every day out and home and have always used that... Hope it never becomes a problem.