eFax

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
For those that have a laptop and email access while out on the road might be interested in eFax. It elimates the need to go in search of a fax machine.

www.efax.com

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I looked into this a little bit. It's a good system for some things. The biggest flaw is when something requires a signature. My solution was I bought an all in one like this http://tinyurl.com/pmqso for the same cost as 5 months of efax.com service. I can print out whatever and then scan it back in and email it back.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I forgot about the signature part. We have an "all in one" printer/scanner/copier that we use to do the same thing. Sure makes it nice to be able to do paperwork while relaxing rather than back and forth running to the truckstop.:)

heel4you

Expert Expediter
Leo,
When you use the all-in-one, how do you fax from the truck? There are no phone lines. I do have a sprint PCS internet connection card to use along with my laptop. Could this be used in conjunction with the all-in-one? Just don't understand how this would work.
Thanks!
Laura

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't fax from it but I can email back after printing and signing. There is a way to use some cell phones as a modem so you could even fax through the computer. I don't have that (that I know of) but your cellular provider should be able to tell you how to do it if your phone will do it. If I have to fax I go into a truck stop. I just get everything emailed to me rather than paying the t/s to receive the fax and then fax it back. It cuts the cost in half and if I can email it back it cuts it to zero.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

heel4you

Expert Expediter
I'll check the cell phone out to see what can and cannot be done. As for faxing and copying at the truckstops.....man, they are a rip-off in my opinion. $3.00 to fax 1 document to an 800 number?!?!?!?!? They should be ashamed!
Soon as my budget allows I am going to go purchase the all-in-one!! Thanks for the info.
PS..When I find out what my cell phone company will do on faxes I'll post an update.
Laura