Edmonton, AB

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Hello FedEx veterans, need some advice... We took a load to Edmonton early this week and are still here. We have had 3 load oops that have all canceled. Is this normal for being in Canada? Should we have just deadheaded back to the states? Any advice would be appreciated.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Just a D.... I do have auth dh back to Minneapolis. Thought I might have some luck up here but not so much.

GandJ

Active Expediter
When we get an opportunity load to AB we factor in the cost to dh right back to the US. Then we decide if it is a profitable load for us to take. That's just one factor of many to make a good business decision. Weather is a part too.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
When we get an opportunity load to AB we factor in the cost to dh right back to the US. Then we decide if it is a profitable load for us to take. That's just one factor of many to make a good business decision. Weather is a part too.

Take that offer to Minneapolis,hope you are lucky and end up getting a load offer on your way there. Good luck!
Sorry that was meant for Daffy.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
We won't go there without getting deadhead money back to at least minneapolis. Thats 1227 miles at
your rate. So we don't go there anymore.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Started to deadhead back and got a load before leaving canada. Thanks for the advice. Looks like I'll dh out of there from now on. Atleast I got to see the west Edmonton mall.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Those loads just don't pay enough to cover the DH out. In the winter time it is even more dicey. It is more than possible to be held up by weather for a few days out that way. I would run there, for $2.50 per, in AND out, all miles.

CCDriver

Active Expediter
Yep unless it's really good money or you have a load out I don't see the point in visiting our northern neighbors.