Edit post

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Seems like it stopped working on my pc. Tried it in chrome and explorer. Let's you do the change but the save button seems to not respond. Works fine on mobile app.

Just me or anyone else having an issue?

test

Last edited:

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Tested a few browsers. They seem to function - please anyone else post with a similar bug.

Thanks!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Test test test

Ok, good to go. Looks like it was a firewall setting on our end. Sorry.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Test test test

Ok, good to go. Looks like it was a firewall setting on our end. Sorry.

user-error-resized-600.png

:p

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I need to edit some stuff in the Hino thread in the Truck Talk forum, but only the newest posts have an edit button. Is it possible to go back and edit those earlier posts? Some information posted several months ago is now obsolete.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I need to edit some stuff in the Hino thread in the Truck Talk forum, but only the newest posts have an edit button. Is it possible to go back and edit those earlier posts? Some information posted several months ago is now obsolete.
I don't know if it's all posts in all forums, but after a certain time frame you can't edit your own posts. A Moderator or Administrator can edit them, though. If you have any specific edits you need to do (and that can be copied and pasted easily :D ), PM them to me (or I'm sure any other Mod would be happy to do it) and I'll make the necessary edits.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
The edit ability drops off after a few hrs so if ya don't do it soon your stuck with your errors in life apparently

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I don't know if it's all posts in all forums, but after a certain time frame you can't edit your own posts. A Moderator or Administrator can edit them, though. If you have any specific edits you need to do (and that can be copied and pasted easily :D ), PM them to me (or I'm sure any other Mod would be happy to do it) and I'll make the necessary edits.

You're gonna wish you hadn't volunteered, lol.

I'll get back to you soon.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You're gonna wish you hadn't volunteered, lol.

I'll get back to you soon.
With heavy emphasis on (and that can be copied and pasted easily :D)

As in, take a entire post, make the edits, PM me the entire new post, and I'll copy and paste the newly edited post over the original, replacing it entirely. Obviously I'll need the Post# of the post to be replaced.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Have you read his posts? He has no fear of lengthy edits.
That's why they need to be PM'd complete, ready to be copied and replaced. Even if it's just one sentence or a single word that gets changed in a post, I'll need to be able paste and replace the entire post in one whack. Because I'm still doing this one-handed, and left-handed at that, I don't have the patience nor the desire to go back and do a bunch of surgical edits on old posts.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Have you read his posts? He has no fear of lengthy edits.

I'm covering a complex topic, and I'm trying to make it so everyone understands, and I suck at doing that, lol.

I sent someone a PM the other day that had to be broken into two parts. The 5000 character limit almost got reached twice.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm covering a complex topic, and I'm trying to make it so everyone understands, and I suck at doing that, lol.

I sent someone a PM the other day that had to be broken into two parts. The 5000 character limit almost got reached twice.
It's not greasy, but I got that t-shirt. 4 or 5 times I've had to break it into 4 parts. More times than I will admit it's been broken into 3 parts. Breaking it into 2 parts happens so much it's almost routine. LOL