Early showers

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It has been reported on some of the general trucking web sites
that a driver was recently killed at the Petro in Stony Ridge (Toledo) Ohio. He apparently entered a shower at 0530 and when by 0930 he had not exited,the Petro employees went in and found him dead with numerous stab wounds in his neck. Probably robbery was the motive. Many of us including me like to shower on off peak periods to avoid the noise and crowds but after hearing this I for one will change my shower times. To get to the showers in that Petro you have to pass the tv area so probably someone followed the driver in.. Hope the police catch him and he pays the penalty..

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Rich,

This is just a rumor. But I just heard in the truck stop that they caught the guy that did this. I was told the guy's codriver did it.

I guess that the victims codriver and his wife were conducting "extraciricular activities" on the side and they decieded to murder him for his insurance.

The entire inicident was caught on a surveilance camera in the shower area.

This is just a rumor. I don't know if there is anything to it. Just passing along what I have heard.

Norkie

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Please go to http://www.toledoblade.com and read the news
from 7/4/00 ,7/5/00,7/13/00, and 7/15/00.
The murdered man was a cargo-van driver.(NO COMPANY IDENTIFIED BY THE PRESS) There is a whole lot more to this story.

Thanks and Be Safe,
Norkie