DVIR - Confused

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Macro 50 does not work for Express Trucks at this time to send in our DVIR

Do you email your DVIR in or send them by mail?

How often do you send them in?

We have some friends that put theirs in an envelope and then send it is every once in while.

We decided we would prefer to scan ours in and retain a copy. Now the question is how often to scan them in and can more than one be put on a scan?

Can both of ours be on one scan?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Just checked with logging and DVIR can be scanned and this needs to be done once every 7 days.

Three DVIRS per page is not a problem.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
DVIR is available on the website . It has 3 on a page. You can fill in info before printing and then just sign and scan.

jhead64

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I send ours in by email once a week. 3 to a page.

I keep ours on seperate pages.

Hyperdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Landstar Posted this notice on their website:

Updated DVIR Requirement *Effective Immediately*

The Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) has been part of our industry for many years. This document has been effective, but at times it can be redundant and unnecessary. Drivers have been required to complete a daily DVIR for each vehicle operated, whether defects were or were not found during their inspection.
As part of the Presidential Executive Order 13563, which set a goal of reducing and eliminating out-of-date regulations and paperwork, the U.S. Department of Transportation produced a Final Rule regarding the elimination of these DVIR requirements. While the Final Rule will reduce the redundant paperwork burden for our industry, it does not lower the standard for ensuring equipment is operating on our nation’s highways safely. It remains the responsibility of the motor carrier and the driver to ensure inspections are conducted in accordance with the regulatory requirements.

Rules to remember: 

Post trip DVIR must be completed if a defect is discovered  Defects must be on the DVIR every day until it is corrected
 If a defect is found during the day (either by operator, officer or other) and corrected prior to the post trip inspection, it does NOT need to be documented
 If a defect is found during the day (either by operator, officer or other) and NOT corrected prior to the post trip inspection, it MUST be documented on the DVIR

 Canada DOES NOT have reciprocity
 Canadians are required to continue daily DVIRs
 Operators are NOT allowed in Canada unless they have 14 days of DVIRs (ELD users beware)

1/15/15

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
When I listened to the Safety Thursday call they said we were still required to send in a DVIR due to the fleet going into Canada.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Final word at BCO days was NO DVIR unless a defect or going to Canada! I think everyone is finally on the same page and that is good news for us.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Final word at BCO days was NO DVIR unless a defect or going to Canada! I think everyone is finally on the same page and that is good news for us.

What Linda said is correct, got final word about this in the question and answer session from the head of safety.