Duh, why not fix it?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just got off the phone with contractor relations. I wanted some straight answers on the company TVAL trailers, flat rate trucks and if FDCC wants us gone or what?

I was told that there were many "misconceptions" out there about those programs. That may be so, but why would that be? Could it be that we are told NOTHING and kept in the dark?

It is an easy fix. Tell us what is going on, what the plan is and how they expect it to impact us. Then the rumors and "misconceptions" would be cut WAY back.

mdscott

Seasoned Expediter
Did they give you any answers that you thought were truthful. We talked to them and did not come away feeling any better than I did before the call. It is time for us to replace our reefer and under present conditions we can not justify the cost. They told us we could make money as a dry truck. Did not get any encouragement about replacing reefer.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Emotionally, it is less difficult dealing with the business changes than it is dealing with the fact that we are not being told what is going on and why. We can adapt when necessary but is the courtesy of being kept informed too much for a contractor to ask?

The company tells contractors many things about many things every week in the fleet bulletin, VRU announcements and snail mail. Why are they so mum about this?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The problem is that people are scared. The economy is not that good. Then put "change" into that as well. Then the "rumors" start. It is the rumors that are causing the problems.

I signed on with FedEx for MANY reasons, those reasons are still valid today. I am just like everyone else though, things are shaky and that makes people "uncomfortable".

Then, add the rumors. People start to second guess things when they hear things which may or may not be true or maybe are being made to sound worse than they are.

People just want to know where things are headed. It is a "human" thing.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There's also the issue of all this negative mojo having a bad effect on others outside the reefer fleet who get nervous and wonder about FX and the advisability of staying with them vs moving to an equally good or perhaps better competitor.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Those aren't company-owned trailers sitting on the lot. Those are misconceptions! :D