Ducks................

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Easterducks2114 (640x360).jpg 6 brown ducks from Tractor Supply. Maybe Layout knows what kind, I cannot remember what the guy told me.. They will go to the pond asap................

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Wow, about a month ago I got 6 baby ducks. They are big ducks now, enjoying the pond.

I don't know what kind mine are, but they looked a bit different than yours.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
View attachment 9124 6 brown ducks from Tractor Supply. Maybe Layout knows what kind, I cannot remember what the guy told me.. They will go to the pond asap................

Those baby ducks won't be ready to be released into a pond for awhile ....need their adult feathers first ....for now they some sort of low heat for cool nights and protection from predators from weasels to hawks..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Those baby ducks won't be ready to be released into a pond for awhile ....need their adult feathers first ....for now they some sort of low heat for cool nights and protection from predators from weasels to hawks..

Marinated-egg-3.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If they came from tractor supply they are domestic ducks. Nasty tasting, greasy, noisy things.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy

got a heat lamp on them in a large washtub and chicken wire on top in the basement for now

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
If they came from tractor supply they are domestic ducks. Nasty tasting, greasy, noisy things.

They said they will get airborne when ready,,we got Mallards and Herons and geese coming and going sometimes,,a few hawks now and then, coyotes, we b in the sticks...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Can't say that I have. The ducks I get don't have hardly any fat on them. My new Styrofoam and freeze dried water diet would not allow it anyway. :(
In that case, don't ever eat french fries cooked in duck fat.

Dogs can live their entire lives without eating chocolate and never miss it, but if you ever give them a piece of it then that's all they ever want. Potatoes cooked in duck fat is exactly like that. :D

You fry them first at about 320 degrees until they float. Then remove them and let them dry on a paper towel for at least 10 minutes. You can even refrigerate them for a day or two after that. Then, cook them at 350-375 degrees until done. You have no idea.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In that case, don't ever eat french fries cooked in duck fat.

Dogs can live their entire lives without eating chocolate and never miss it, but if you ever give them a piece of it then that's all they ever want. Potatoes cooked in duck fat is exactly like that. :D

You fry them first at about 320 degrees until they float. Then remove them and let them dry on a paper towel for at least 10 minutes. You can even refrigerate them for a day or two after that. Then, cook them at 350-375 degrees until done. You have no idea.

Then I will be forced to miss them.

Besides, as I stated before, I have yet to see much fat on a duck, unless it was a Bufflehead. That fat even smells bad, I cannot imagine it tasting good.

I have not eaten domestic duck in more than 30 years. The one or two time I tried it it tasted only of grease. Little flavor so they have to "add" things to it to give it some. Like orange and ginger or stuff like that.

When we cook duck we often have to add some oil or fat of some sort to it and we also have to be very careful not to overcook it and dry it out. Wild duck, as is the story with most wild meats, is very lean.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
He just found out he's too late to get his Ducks Unlimited Dinner tickets for next year.