DU Event

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Jan and I spent the evening with our friends from Ducks Unlimited tonight. It was a "sponsors event", where we were spending far more time educating them on where their dollars went as opposed to making money, although we did quite well in that regard.

Two things really stood out tonight. The first was that the goal that Ducks Unlimited set for acreage conserved for 2014 was 115,000 acres. We conserved in excess of 150,000 acres. This is, of course, in addition to the over 13 MILLION we have conserved since we were formed in 1937.

The second stand out was getting to meet the oldest living Ducks Unlimited sponsor, he is 89 years old and attends Ducks Unlimited functions all over Michigan. It was quite and honor to meet him.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Two things really stood out tonight. The first was that the goal that Ducks Unlimited set for acreage conserved for 2014 was 115,000 acres. We conserved in excess of 150,000 acres.

Good thing you have extra time on your hands now
That's a lot of grass for you to mow. :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I thought YOU was married..
I bought my wife a new riding lawnmower this spring.... Only problem is she drives like its NASCAR out on the yard.....lol

LOL! Yeah, she USED to have one, got rid of it when we went on the road. Have a lawn service. No point in buying on now, mowing season almost over.