Dry runs

tyoung

Expert Expediter
Is anybody else getting an unusual amount of cancelled loads? 3 of my past 6 loads have cancelled almost immediately after I accepted and got it. And I might add that 2 of them included no pay...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using EO Forums mobile app

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
One big reason for cancelled runs is related to the DH required to the PU. The longer the DH time, the more likely the customer is to cancel.

tyoung

Expert Expediter
That may be true. But for two of my latest it doesn't fit. The first I was at the pickup, paperwork signed,doors open on van. Looked at message on clink saying it had cancelled!!?? Other one I was 5 miles from pu and it cancelled immediately. Wondering if dispatch has any clue what they're doing anymore

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Why was there no pay? Are you on the new flat rate? What size vehicle?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using EO Forums mobile app

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Why was there no pay? Are you on the new flat rate? What size vehicle?

One answer I always received was, no pay If load canceled before time required for PU.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
redytrk are you still driving?

The load canceled and dry run pay has changed significantly. It is now from time of dispatch and has nothing to do with time of PU.

tyoung

Expert Expediter
More often than not there is no pay on dry runs. When I ask why not, all they say is you will get a <75. I'm in a cargo van on the new plan.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
redytrk are you still driving?

The load canceled and dry run pay has changed significantly. It is now from time of dispatch and has nothing to do with time of PU.
No...My last load was in Dec 2013. I only stated what dispatchers told me over the span of 26 years.I never pretended to be up to the minute on all the changes.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I have had 2 of the 3 loads I accepted on the new pay plan cancel.
One was a predispatch.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I should have clarified that my experience is with a straight truck not with a cargo van. Vans are a whole different ball game.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We have now had at 3 out of 4 cancelations

Sent from my Nexus 7 using EO Forums mobile app

aimeejos

Active Expediter
Too many trucks sitting because of DOT blitz and many trucks have quit due to flat rate. Thus customers are getting longer pickup times and are going with other carriers.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well I guess there was a Big Blitz I worked through it . On the other hand yes I been told by at least 12 Trucks Teams both st and TT that they were quitting well I suggest hang in their but Im sure the message will get across loud and clear and things will be rethought out. Stay where your at and ride it out. If it don't change then do what U must.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
No...My last load was in Dec 2013. I only stated what dispatchers told me over the span of 26 years.I never pretended to be up to the minute on all the changes.
Shouldn't matter, Jus sayin. We were here 9 years and are still clueless. Thanks JF and the CDC Team. Chris, Brit, Amanda. for keeping us in the loop. Not

Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Another dry run. Now at 5 out of 10.:confused:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Our score is now 13 loads dispatched. 6 dry runs. At least we were at the shipper on this last one. Someone put our freight on another truck.