Droid App Issue

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I installed the EO app and can see the blank posts. It's ugly. I'm thinking a plugin might be out of date or something. Hopefully they get it fixed soon. I tried BBcode on and off, refreshing, all kinds of stuff to no avail. Even quoting text of blank posts keeps quoting the same text no matter which blank post is quoted.

I sure do like the colors of the EO app versus Tapatalk, and the navigation buttons. Why Tapatalk changed all that I'll never understand.

Until it's fixed the best bet is the Web browser, or drop $2.99 for the paid version of Tapatalk.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I installed the EO app and can see the blank posts. It's ugly. I'm thinking a plugin might be out of date or something. Hopefully they get it fixed soon. I tried BBcode on and off, refreshing, all kinds of stuff to no avail. Even quoting text of blank posts keeps quoting the same text no matter which blank post is quoted.

I sure do like the colors of the EO app versus Tapatalk, and the navigation buttons. Why Tapatalk changed all that I'll never understand.

Until it's fixed the best bet is the Web browser, or drop $2.99 for the paid version of Tapatalk.
I'm sure you've uplayed with the settings on your paid version. I like the dark mode. Just waiting to see if I can read a Cheri post now...lol.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm sure you played with the settings on your paid version. I like the black format. Just waiting to see if I can read a Cheri post now...lol.

If you disable BBcode in the settings, Cheri's colors will not be rendered and will be the default colors.

You used to be able to change color schemes real easy in the settings, like 10 different color themes and at least that many font display colors, but Tapatalk removed that in favor of having each color as a separate addon app that you have to pay $2.99 each for. As one reviewer noted, "Great app was 5 stars but charging for colors is ridiculous. These greedy devs are shameless."

They've had a gajillion people download Tapatalk, but only a few hundred willing to pay three bucks for a different color. LOL

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
If you disable BBcode in the settings, Cheri's colors will not be rendered and will be the default colors.

You used to be able to change color schemes real easy in the settings, like 10 different color themes and at least that many font display colors, but Tapatalk removed that in favor of having each color as a separate addon app that you have to pay $2.99 each for. As one reviewer noted, "Great app was 5 stars but charging for colors is ridiculous. These greedy devs are shameless."

They've had a gajillion people download Tapatalk, but only a few hundred willing to pay three bucks for a different color. LOL
exactly. I was just looking at that. The dark mode is cool enough for me. Does the BBcode effect anything else that I would miss?

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Again here is what I see.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByEO Forums1348701090.081024.jpg
    ImageUploadedByEO Forums1348701090.081024.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 18