Drivers Protest October 11,2013

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Drivers Protest November or October 11,2013

I found this on the web and got a laugh. Its says that truckers are going to shut down America on October 11,2013. I think they mean November 11, 2013 as that is Veterans Day. I have heard this many times over the years and have yet to see it happen since I started driving over the road in 1995. Do I think this will happen? No, as drivers can't agree on anything. Here is the link on Facebook for this.

https://www.facebook.com/truckerstoshutdownamerica

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Re: Drivers Protest November or October 11,2013

I think only drivers being offered the 50/50 split will be shutting down. :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Nov. 11 would be better, more ducks are down by then!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Maybe they can get the McDonalds workers to join in.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

I expected them to be angry about HOS. FMCSA, CSA, the whole alphabet soup of horrors, but they want to impeach Obama, and remove Muslims "who don't uphold the Constitution" from office, and hold another hearing on Benghazi - WTH?
Those aren't trucking issues, [and they don't speak for me], and it detracts from the issues that affect our livelihood, IMO. If they manage to obstruct enough traffic, it will only make it harder for truckers to be heard on the issues that are impacting all of us.
Way to look dumb, truckers. :mad:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Sound like the old don't buy gas, food on what ever day, then sales double the next. Way to make a statement :rolleyes:

pearlpro

Expert Expediter

I have to agree with Cheri, If your going to adress Issues in trucking and you really want to protest and be taken seriously, leave the Muslims and Obama and Alex Jones out of it....theres enough stuff with the HOS, CSA, Medical Review Boards, Points, etc etc to keep us parked for a week....

Now mentioning that I may be out of Expediting and back to the Big Rigs if this offer goes thru, St Louis based carrier, good pay, Insurance, Southern lanes...and Hometime so I can care for my Mom when needed...well see what happens Ive seen lots of offers but Ill be insisting on all things written and signed , after that who knows....

Would I like to see us all do something that benefits us all, HELL YA, will it happen, Hell No, theres far too many Know it alls and Liberals and Publitards and Tea Party and non union/Union and Old timers and whatever for us to get together and do something that might benefit all of us.

Throw in Alex Jones and a few Gun Control Nuts, Some Conspiracys, a muslim or three, and nothings gonna happen. Oh I left off the Yellow Penske truck guys who will steal all our jobs and well, Im kinda hopin for the new job.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Count me in for Oct. 11! It's all a bunch of bullcrap and has to change!!!

Oh, and I have a doctor appointment the 11th...

DieselDriver

Seasoned Expediter

That is just fine, make jokes while the Brokers and the Company Owners make all the money as they tell you they are broke, but still go on multiple vacations each year and the drivers slowly but surely go broke, lose their trucks and starve to death...well maybe not to death, you know what I mean...did you ever stop and wonder why most owners don't have trucks...and finally when was the last time YOU had a pay raise to help make ends meet, defer truck repairs and off set the raising fuel costs.

zorry

Veteran Expediter

No one said it would be easy.
Sell the truck and become an owner. Or a broker.
It's easy to get frustrated during tough times.
Nobody is making you stay in the business.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

That is just fine, make jokes while the Brokers and the Company Owners make all the money as they tell you they are broke, but still go on multiple vacations each year and the drivers slowly but surely go broke, lose their trucks and starve to death...well maybe not to death, you know what I mean...did you ever stop and wonder why most owners don't have trucks...and finally when was the last time YOU had a pay raise to help make ends meet, defer truck repairs and off set the raising fuel costs.

BUT..that is NOT what the aim of the protest is for.....as said before they should be going to show disgust in FMSCA ...

paullud

Veteran Expediter

You would have to protest other drivers to fix the rate problems.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

pearlpro

Expert Expediter

Taken from the TRUCKERS TO SHUTDOWN AMERICA facebook page...

I would like to know where is said that the truckers are limited to strike only on trucking issues such as hours of service, detention time, coercion, congestion, driver pay, etc. Are they not American citizen first? How can the Truckers negotiate with a corrupt system? Obamacare is an un-Constitutional law that will affect every trucker and family as well as every American.
The President of the United States is linked to many unresolved scandals that have a direct effect on every American citizen including the Trucker. The President has dishonored his oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America and is arming the enemy which is High Treason and should be removed from office.
I am very happy to know that the American Trucker is very concerned about these issues and are willing to put it on the line to wake the American people and Congress up taking issue to DC in a convoy with no delivers for three days. After all it is their right as American citizen that happen to have very large trucks that are taking three days off.
So, for some that cannot understand the reason for this strike or shut down, it is very simple. Impeaching the President of the United States is a good start at restoring the Constitution of the United States of America and its people by removing the problem. All the other scandals and issues will be resolved.

Sounds like theres no plan, just rambling partisan anger just like whats happening in DC....Some may do it, some may park, but when they start with the Anti Muslim, Anti Obama stuff they lose me, I dont agree with everything the guys does.....Stick to the HOS, RULES, LAWS, AND FUEL COSTS and achieve something instead of looking like prejudiced boobs.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter

This would be a good opportunity to usher in a Martial Law. Something dosent seem right about this protest. Blame collapse on the Truckers. But might be good for business for expeditors.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app