Drivers Council Meeting Sept 1

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Ok solo tractors Tuesday is our next meeting lets hear it. Other fleets please get with your Council rep thanks

harrt5002

Seasoned Expediter
bring up back haul freeze to areas with the worst rates in the u.s. to go to,in the first place,if im going to eat a load to that area,im not going eat one coming out,be realistic or better off backhauling out of hot areas also,i signed on to make money not to please a nonexisting customer base

termite289

Expert Expediter
i have an issue when it comes to this no back hauling home. if freight happens to pick up, yet i don't live in the prime area, then i cant go home when i have made plans? i didnt live in the prime area when i signed on the first time, and there was no home time board at that time. now it seems that if i put myself on the home time board, all loads that come to my truck go the other way. i know it is erratic freight. but after deadheading 300 of the 800 miles home, i don't really want to see a load that goes back to where i started deadheading from, or further away. if im deadheading south out of north Indiana, then sending me a load to jersey, when i live in ga, is kinda silly. deadheading out of pa, to ga, and they send me a load to mass. i wonder if the home time folks are holding the map upside down sometimes.
oops, im a day late, srry

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you want to book your own backhaul, as long as Panther gets their cut it shouldn't make one bit of difference to Panther where the load goes.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
If you want to book your own backhaul, as long as Panther gets their cut it shouldn't make one bit of difference to Panther where the load goes.

But it does make a difference lets use Texas ok we have 20 tractors sitting in Texas with 15 more on the way in load count out of Dallas lets say is 3 a day Laredo is lets say 2 a day if we already have more trucks in and on the way in than they can get back out they shut that state down. {remember these are my made up numbers} Panther will stop taking expedite loads into Texas until they cllear some trucks out so they arent going to let you backhaul in. That would leave to many trucks there and not enough in the areas where they know that they need trucks

termite289

Expert Expediter
was the back haul freeze thing a temporary solution to an immediate problem, or is it a policy change??? if it was a temporary solution to an immediate problem, then we should all stop *****ing about it, however if it is a permanent policy change, that will need to be discussed, preferably when one is not aggravated about it.

sweetcdngirl

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
US Army
I AGREE.....IT SHOULD NOT MATTER TO PANTHER WHERE YOU TAKE A BACK HAUL TO. AS LONG AS THEY GET THEIR CUT, THEY SHOULDNT REFUSE YOU THE RIGHT TO MOVE YOUR TRUCK. THIS IS NOT FAIR ON THEIR PART. PANTHER CHANGES THEIR RULES AND MINDS MORE THEN IT RAINS IN LOUSIANA AND THAT IS EVERY DAY. ( Laughing ) :rolleyes:

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
The drivers council minutes were suppose to have been posted to the drivers web, has anyone been able to see them? I see no file attached.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
We had to wait for Panther to open the link to post the mins. My meeting min are now posted

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
As for my guys/ gals you will see what is being done about backhauls by reading my mins on the drivers web

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Next Driver's Council meeting is Dec 2nd so lets get your talking points to your rep and remember if you wish to speak at any meeting you need to let your rep know in advance you will get the floor for 10mins we need the leed time to make sure the right people from Panther can be there to hear what you have to say. Ie opps if its a money issue the cfo or safety not all of these people make every meeting so we need to know in advance thanks.