Driver shortage

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
If your city has those local 12 passenger vans the pay is usually12 dollars hr n your home every night. Chattanooga tn. just drive folks to their doctor appointments..

guido4475

Not a Member
If your city has those local 12 passenger vans the pay is usually12 dollars hr n your home every night. Chattanooga tn. just drive folks to their doctor appointments..

I had a retired straight truck driver freind who bought a Ford window passenger van and hauled the Amish around. Those women love to travel and sightsee. They paid everything. Even motels and meals during the trip. He even bought an enclosed trailer to pull so they had a place to put what they bought during the trip. He did very well.

Road Pirate

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
shortage of "qualified" drivers...for CSA purposes....lots of cowboys, gear jammers and rebels out there....
#truth
I've only been driving since 2001, and ive seen a YUUUGE change....trucks not gettingin the left lane in construction zones are the biggies I've noticed.........hell, last week, i watched a driver, who missed his exit off nb75 in Dayton, backing up over 300 feet (4 ways, porch lights and reverse lights a burnin)to get to back to his left hand getoff ramp, in the 3rd lane:thinkingishard:....

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My prediction is that the driver shortage will correct itself when the bubble burst 1st quarter of 2019.

And before someone complains, I HOPE I’m wrong......

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I've been trying since January to put a driver on my van, I talked to many drivers interested, some said yes, but never showed up for orientation, some were and still are waiting for the springtime...

Compa

Rookie Expediter
Researching
I've been trying since January to put a driver on my van, I talked to many drivers interested, some said yes, but never showed up for orientation, some were and still are waiting for the springtime...

As with any unfilled job position - offer a better deal and you will find takers beating down your door.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
In April there was another one that closed down. Falcon Transport out of Youngstown OH. About 700 trucks if I remember correctly.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Grizzly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In April there was another one that closed down. Falcon Transport out of Youngstown OH. About 700 trucks if I remember correctly.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Yep...

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
If there was a driver shortage we would all be running non stop. There is a driver retention problem which will probably never be solved because of the nature of this business. Big training companies recruit meat for the seat assuming the driver will be gone within a year. Most will. Some will move on to better paying trucking jobs and most will leave trucking because of the lifestyle.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app