Dragonball Super - Broly

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
As a animation fan, and my favorite cap to wear going into pick ups and deliveries is Dragonball Z, this was a much anticipated movie for me, personally anyway.

SPOILERS

It seems the writer wanted to put a Jiren level opponent in Goku’s universe, and put him right in his back yard.

I will say, I like the story of Broly, and I like where his personality has begun. That said, YEARS of episodes have happened just to get our Sayians into Super Sayian mode. To get Broly stronger that a SupSayian God in his very first fight, eh, wayyyy too rushed. If he at least was beat down, then trained somehow, at least we would have had some sort of Arc for him. Even Hit grew.

So, from going from base level to Jiren level, where neither Goku nor Vegeta could defeat him alone, too much for me.

Also, we didn’t see Ultra Instinct... sorta. I mean, Broly did take a few swings at Wiz, and was missing horribly, so maybe Goku could have taken him down alone.

Instead, we have the return of the combined characters. I’ve never been a fan of it. It’s one thing for the kids to do it, but the adults are too powered up to need to do this. We’re talking destroyer level gods fighting, so why? Idk.

Still, I do love that Goku now has a Jiren level sparing partner, not that Beerus and Wiz aren’t stronger, but it’s something for Goku to have, and it introduces Broly as a new good guy character for another ringer in a universal show down. Universe 7 had already won, imagine if they had Boo and Broly.

I suspect the next season, Goku and co will be taking on the Angels.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As a animation fan, and my favorite cap to wear going into pick ups and deliveries is Dragonball Z, this was a much anticipated movie for me, personally anyway.

SPOILERS

It seems the writer wanted to put a Jiren level opponent in Goku’s universe, and put him right in his back yard.

I will say, I like the story of Broly, and I like where his personality has begun. That said, YEARS of episodes have happened just to get our Sayians into Super Sayian mode. To get Broly stronger that a SupSayian God in his very first fight, eh, wayyyy too rushed. If he at least was beat down, then trained somehow, at least we would have had some sort of Arc for him. Even Hit grew.

So, from going from base level to Jiren level, where neither Goku nor Vegeta could defeat him alone, too much for me.

Also, we didn’t see Ultra Instinct... sorta. I mean, Broly did take a few swings at Wiz, and was missing horribly, so maybe Goku could have taken him down alone.

Instead, we have the return of the combined characters. I’ve never been a fan of it. It’s one thing for the kids to do it, but the adults are too powered up to need to do this. We’re talking destroyer level gods fighting, so why? Idk.

Still, I do love that Goku now has a Jiren level sparing partner, not that Beerus and Wiz aren’t stronger, but it’s something for Goku to have, and it introduces Broly as a new good guy character for another ringer in a universal show down. Universe 7 had already won, imagine if they had Boo and Broly.

I suspect the next season, Goku and co will be taking on the Angels.
giphy.gif