DPF delete ?!?!

Timbo Houston

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Ok. So anyone running with there DPF deleted? I've had alot of problems over 12k in 1 1/2 years from it, and it needs to go.....

Have you ever gotten caught with it deleted/does it pass inspections? I don't wanna spend 2k+ on this operation and I get busted.. But this truck will be less than profitable with this stupid dpf setup if I keep rolling with. I mean when's enough.. enough ya know?!? and I won't be going near Cali.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been looking myself, but just for the future my 2005 has the DPF delete :D

What van? Truck?

They're great if you know what you're doing, but the dealer will no longer touch it (by law) and it won't pass emissions in a lot of places...if you don't keep it in a reversible state, it's up to $6000 to have someone put in right again

Don't forget it's the manufacturer's responsibility to keep it working for at least 5 years (and pay for it due to the EPA laws on emissions) but yes, your van / truck could be down for long periods

The state you have it registered in, do they hook your diesel up to a computer like mine? It won't pass unless it's an old style emissions test

I have seen the side of the road inspections in Canada (they were actually tearing a couple sprinters apart) but it's a pretty rare event

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On my 2014, I've spent $12000 so far on that system
Huh? Sprinter?

(Edit: looked up your profile and it says sprinter)

Is the emissions warranty not unlimited mileage on the parts? Is that's labor?

Last edited:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sprinter!
Well so far that's a vote to delete ;) thank you for that (i would have rigged it to burn down overnight at the dealership)

I think I can fix the Promaster / Transit systems, I know I can't fix the Sprinters

Interestingly enough, Mercedes provides the adblue tech for the Promaster / Fiat but not the programming....

(Disclaimer: This is not intended to treat / diagnose sick Sprinters and the suggestion to burn down a dealership is entirely for humors sake don't do it:D)

Last edited:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sample DPF delete pipe for 3.0 Sprinter
Mercedes Sprinter Van DPF Delete Pipe - 3.0L V6 - 2010-2016 - BuzzKen
OFF ROAD USE ONLY!! :D
Programming I haven't found, it should be fairly simple to have it not send requests to regen if not plugged...but there may be a forced regen after a certain miles without one, and there are pre and post back pressure sensors...so what happens, engine light? Limp mode? I dunno...to make it short, I don't know any commonly available source to crack the later model sprinter's ECU and reprogram, after 2012 or so

EDIT
Sprinter Van
ECU tuning, conflicting description...title says 2010-2015 but text says to 2012 so I dunno...again OFF ROAD USE ONLY :D

In either scenario, if something goes wrong on the road, a dealership would NOT work in it by law and may actually be required to bring it up to legal specs before releasing it, so no help at the dealer...that reason alone would make me think twice

And theres the small issue of dropping it and reinstalling the factory equipment / tuning in working condition to pass emissions (every 2 years where I live)

I would at least want some way of turning off the "10 starts remaining" or limp mode before I bought a van / truck, so I could at least get in home without a tow truck

Last edited:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Depends where...Ontario will soon be moving to the same electronic testing they do for cars, non factory mods will be caught at ECU

They have drive by equipment that will catch you on the highway, notably Colorado (rapid pass?) Big fines. Not to say that's right now it's not a 1 in a million chance especially on non regulated vehicles like ours. If I was in the situation I'd do the delete and take my chances, just pointing out the negatives

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Depends where...Ontario will soon be moving to the same electronic testing they do for cars, non factory mods will be caught at ECU

They have drive by equipment that will catch you on the highway, notably Colorado (rapid pass?) Big fines. Not to say that's right now it's not a 1 in a million chance especially on non regulated vehicles like ours. If I was in the situation I'd do the delete and take my chances, just pointing out the negatives
I live in Ontario and have had it plugged in for e test and everything was good. It's not a concern I sure don't worry about what ifs.

Timbo Houston

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
It's a Straight Truck 2008 F750. No longer under warranty. It's at the point it's no longer profitable to keep it rolling with non stop problems and down time. So It won't pass inspections? I see lots of stuff on online but nothing recent about it being done. I know trucks out there that have done it... Anyone with straight trucks do this delete that can chime in??

Timbo Houston

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
And they also the re program the ECM and I don't see why they couldn't put a file like VW did to pass emissions here on there Diesel's in the U.S. :JC-LOL:. They got caught. But meh!...