Does TriState Run Sprinters to CA and what are the weekly deductions?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking for a CARRIER that runs Sprinters out west from Tx or Chicago/Michigan.

Tri State offering a $1 per mile, seems rare these days.

What are their requirements, cdl anything special?

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Tri-State has above average deductions and fees, 2000 insurance deductible, They will keep you mainly on east coast (with no reimbursed tolls,) that 1 per mile is an illusion.

Sent from my SM-N920P using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I dont like the words they will keep you sounds like a panther forced dispatch state of mind.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
They keep you near volvo plants, you will spend alot of time in Mcungie, Dublin, hagerstown, lewis center. I think thats thier only customer these days. Panther is much better then Tri-State.

Reactions: KickStarter6

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
For the record, Panther doesn't have forced dispatch. You can turn down as many loads as you want.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tri-State has above average deductions and fees, 2000 insurance deductible, They will keep you mainly on east coast (with no reimbursed tolls,) that 1 per mile is an illusion.

I've only ran across a few TS drivers or should I say, soon to be former TS drivers. None of them had anything good to say about the $1 plan.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
TS used to have a vanishing QC fee. For every year you were with them it went down a little and if you stayed I think 7 years it went away completely. Compared to all the companies that charge you $30-35 a week for a $14 item that was nice but not nearly enough to make the difference in choosing a company. I don't know if they still do that or not.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
TS used to have a vanishing QC fee. For every year you were with them it went down a little and if you stayed I think 7 years it went away completely. Compared to all the companies that charge you $30-35 a week for a $14 item that was nice but not nearly enough to make the difference in choosing a company. I don't know if they still do that or not.

That would be a nice perk from a carrier. Especially after doing some quick math, I've now paid more in QC fees, then I paid for my used Sprinter

Reactions: BIGTRAIN

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

do they pay you the $1.00?....do have have policies that take money out of your pocket and cost you downtime?..If you know the terms of the contract and told upfront...and you accept them...Its still a buck...as many other carriers have intrusive policies that exceed IC acceptability

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

That would be a nice perk from a carrier. Especially after doing some quick math, I've now paid more in QC fees, then I paid for my used Sprinter

and now you have to fork out an extra $50 a year plus the associated downtime...;)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
and now you have to fork out an extra $50 a year plus the associated downtime...;)

3f7a70e36eead38b8428a884ed5b91ea.jpg

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For the record, Panther doesn't have forced dispatch. You can turn down as many loads as you want.

Yes you can but they penalize you and stop giving you loads and make you feel bad about it by calling you a cherry picker. Also what is their CV rate, they are a carrier that sees no value in Hi Roof Sprinter style vans.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Yes you can but they penalize you and stop giving you loads and make you feel bad about it by calling you a cherry picker. Also what is their CV rate, they are a carrier that sees no value in Hi Roof Sprinter style vans.
If you're a drywall contractor and you turn down drywall construction jobs, the general contractor will stop giving you job offers and will make you feel bad about it by calling you a cherry picker. If you're a landscaper and customers call you to mow their lawn, and you keep turning them down, they're gonna quit calling you. There are consequences in everything in life, in everything you do.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I'll run a few scrap loads, maybe I should run Tx to Michigan/Chicago then run some local runs for a week or two then get the big one back to Tx. I also can do Canada so that helps.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I'll run a few scrap loads, maybe I should run Tx to Michigan/Chicago then run some local runs for a week or two then get the big one back to Tx. I also can do Canada so that helps.
you are so concerned about certain lanes....why don't you just run where the wind takes you like most others do and have some fun with it and enjoy the ride...this focus on Tx via Mi and stuff...let it flow....run your own race...

Reactions: ntimevan

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Let me get a new truck either newer Sprinter or 2012 VOLVO VNM 630 (Cheaper then Sprinter) and then I can run more miles and get home frequently. Upgraded seats and I'll be ready for the where the wind blows :)