Dodge Sprinter Vans

neicee2015

Rookie Expediter
Are there any owners out there having problems with the radiators,sensors, catalytic convertors? We drive for a owner that has had the van in he shop 4 weeks out of the last 8 weeks for these reasons.
They have the radiators on back order and had to get claim opened about getting these fixed.
Dodge found a radiator and expedited it down to get installed. Then they had to get 2 oxygen sencors to put n van n was told to expedite them and didn't.
Are jot too happy with Dodge.
Are wanting to get enough owners to do a class a time law suit on dodge. If anyone is interested plz let me know.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A class action for problems on a 2008 most likely with very high miles. What would be your basis for the suit? You know dodge doesn't sell them anymore.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know if a class-action will help much. Worth a try I guess.
One problem with the Sprinter is typical German over-engineering coupled-- in later model years-- with EPA tinkering, which produced an expensive machine that is notoriously hard to get the right part for. Doesn't help that Dodge hasn't carried the Sprinter for a few years now so finding a shop that still services them is getting to be a challenge. Makes me jumpy about the Promaster too, only worse: The Promaster is a Fiat, and those things are---- something else.

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm an avid defender of the Sprinter ! This is a finely tuned machine that needs to be treated as a precision tool ! If one deviates from "the list" of fluids and service and even runs nothing but regular diesel from the truck stops it's going to have issues . Myself and several others on here are barreling down on a million miles with limited issues... Many people think they are taking proper care but never realize no shop nor parts store carries the proper fluids on a shelf.. Unfortunately lack of proper education by both dealer and owner can be the demise of these machines..... Don't take me wrong though like everything else there are always bad ones

Sent from my flying circus

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is a huge difference between the 06 and prior compared to the 07 a after. Basically completely different machines.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are there any owners out there having problems with the radiators,sensors, catalytic convertors? We drive for a owner that has had the van in he shop 4 weeks out of the last 8 weeks for these reasons.
They have the radiators on back order and had to get claim opened about getting these fixed.
Dodge found a radiator and expedited it down to get installed. Then they had to get 2 oxygen sencors to put n van n was told to expedite them and didn't.
Are jot too happy with Dodge.
Are wanting to get enough owners to do a class a time law suit on dodge. If anyone is interested plz let me know.

Are you taking about the promaster? I have heard of leaking radiators on them, but not sprinters.