Dodge Ram Promaster 1500 0wners...

Nytmare897

Seasoned Expediter
Recently purchased a 1500 Promaster. Having trouble changing the oil filter under the hood. Has a black, plastic housing cap. What do you use to twist yours off? Also the ESC fuction. Like it? Don't like it? Still not sure.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You need 24 mm size socket ... short one works best .. be sure to replace black rubber ring on cap threads ... new ring inside filter box .... i use Wix filter WL10010 .. Mobil 1 full syn ...5 x20 ... 6 quarts

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

Reactions: billg27

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You need 24 mm size socket ... short one works best .. be sure to replace black rubber ring on cap threads ... new ring inside filter box .... i use Wix filter WL10010 .. Mobil 1 full syn ...5 x20 ... 6 quarts

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

This guy... listen to him !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ntimevan

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry for the issue but why don't you take it to oil shop now and get it done? ?

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can't remember the exact size of the socket, 13/16 or 15/16. You need one that fits a 3/8 inch drive ratchet. I got mine at Home Depot. Buy a short ratchet, stubby handled, 6 inches or less, and you will be able to change the filter with no problem. I can do mine in 3 minutes easily.