Cargo Van Dodge ProMaster

vanman10x2

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking for an update on how the ProMasters are holding up for those O/O's that have purchased them. Are you happy with it, how does it do with load in the Mountains (Appalachians), Mileage, complaints, etc.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have you been following the Promaster forum? Looks like a lot of problems considering how few have been sold.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just talked to a pool installer and his company has a short wheel base tall PM and its only getting 13 to 14 MPG. He says his company was going to buy 2 more but put that off till the diesels come out. If that help. Most of what I read it comes in anywhere from 14 to 17 MPG..

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just talked to a pool installer and his company has a short wheel base tall PM and its only getting 13 to 14 MPG. He says his company was going to buy 2 more but put that off till the diesels come out. If that help. Most of what I read it comes in anywhere from 14 to 17 MPG..

I own 1500 promaster 136WB low roof. I get avg of 19mpg loaded. 21mpg empty.

I put 15k miles on it so far. No issues, loving the thing. They rear suspension squeaked for the longest time they replaced the bushings.

I drove thru Mountains, carrying 2000lb 2 pallets, 1000 each.

It drove like a champ.....Also handles in snow very well. I would highly recommend it.

Polish_Drive

Rookie Expediter

I put 15k miles on it so far. No issues, loving the thing. They rear suspension squeaked for the longest time they replaced the bushings.

It drove like a champ.....Also handles in snow very well. I would highly recommend it.

I'm debating between PM or 2015 Sprinter. Im on Promaster Forum a lot, reading almost every think I can.

But let me ask you one thing, why low roof ?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What's your average highway speed?

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator

AVG highway speed is around 60mph - 70mph. @ 1700rpm - 2000rpm

Although, if the wind is in my favor, I can push it to 75-80mpg and still achieve the same mpg.

If the wind, is against me..then I'd have to slow down to 55mph to maintain the same fuel usage.

No Idea, first vehicle for expediting...simply chose the low roof. Which I kinda now regret.

I hope you have freight liner in mind, when saying Sprinter.

I believe this vehicle will be worth every penny. for under 30k.

Also a friend, drives promaster 2500 159WB high roof. he gets 14-15mpg

Last edited:

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
My friend has a 3500 promaster. He put 20k on it so far, but he is not too impressed wit it. 70mph only gives him between 15 and 17 mpg.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

WhiteRabbit Express

Not a Member
Is the eco deisel an option yet? I dont think you will notice any major fuel savings until then(24-28mpg) With the miles expediters put on the van, it wont take long to make back the extra 4, 000 the deisel version cost.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
My promaster just stranded me at a dock after was loaded. Waiting tow now. Luckily I'm near home. Had other issues w/ it and called chrysler and filed complaint. So far I have a free rental set up because dealer said they don't do loaners. Van issues today is key stuck in ignition, looks like it's stuck between reverse and park. Shifter won't budge. Rocked van back n forth and didn't help. Service air bag, license plate bulb, lower rad hose and the recall bs. I have a promaster rep assisting me and they provided the free rental I'll pick up in a few. I told her where they can stick this promaster.

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Promaster rep just called back, they will consider doing paying me what my average per day has been for lost wages. We'll see how that ends up. Chrysler roadside service disp doesn't even know what a promaster must be. They called in a light duty tow and the tow guy says he can't do it so another med duty tow comp is dispatched.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was told to always put the van in neutral and set the brake when loading/unloading because if it's in gear or in park and the forklift bumps it just right (as in just wrong) it can wreck the transmission.

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
As of this morning chrysler roadside can't tell me where my van is. They dont know which tow comp picked it up. Hopefully someone stole it.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As of this morning chrysler roadside can't tell me where my van is. They dont know which tow comp picked it up. Hopefully someone stole it.

Really sorry to hear about your problems, I can understand your frustration. How Chrysler Handel's the situation will say a lot.

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Van located in Gary F'n IN. Chrysler called 4 tows last night. 1 picked it up but they didn't know who. They called a 5th this morning and he showed up no van. Chrysler tracked it down. 33 miles to Skokie, but no let's tow it to Gary. Now it's on another tow comp truck to Skokie. How they respond will be huge. So far I have a verbal commitment to pay my average daily $$$ I'm set to lose. Issue could be the battery. I'm leaving out some details to save u the headache. Waiting for corp rep call back.

Key was stuck in position but wouldn't start, acted like shifter stuck. 1 tow guy said battery was low and they've seen in these new dodges that even a light left on or door open it can cause battery to lose a cell and u cannot start van. What a crock. So if it ever loses power going down the road then do we now have a GM issue of the ignition and no power?

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Thought it was on a tow. Now tow comp won't release van from their yard to the tow guy because they want storage paid in cash. Lol

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
IMHO.
You should go to Dodge's Facebook page and copy and paste every single one of these posts there.
No manufacturer wants to make a lemon but they all do on occasion. Put a spotlight on it.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
IMHO.
You should go to Dodge's Facebook page and copy and paste every single one of these posts there.
No manufacturer wants to make a lemon but they all do on occasion. Put a spotlight on it.

Or what that lady did on US Airways page :eek: