DIY Dry Shampoo

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Jenny found this recipe and sent it to me and I thought it was to good not to share. This great recipe that sure would come in handy at times between showers.

6-10 drops essential oil
2 Tbsp Corn Starch
2 Tbsp Rice Flour
2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder

“Simply mix together the ingredients listed above, stirring rigorously for about 3-4 minutes. Then, shake directly onto roots, or place in hands and rub into the root area. Brush to blend, distributing it evenly before styling as usual.”

The pictures shows this mixed in a salt shaker.

Here are some more tips:

Shana’s Tips:

• Use organic ingredients if you can.
  • Add in 2 tablespoons cocoa powder for dark hair.
  • Feel free to substitute in any kind of essential oil you’d like for scent.
  • Crush in any lumps the oil may have created with a pestle or back of a spoon.
  • Vintage glass shakers or squeeze bottles work perfect for storing.
Since it uses so little of so many ingredients I wonder if we could make this at the Expedite Expo and share?

Thank You Jenny for the great find.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Rice flour also makes for a great skin exfoliator. I have found mixingbit with a bit of water to form a paste on my face works well. Also if you mix it with raw sugar, honey, and a bit of olive oil and scrub onto your skin it works great.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry , but a bar of good soap and a bottle of shampoo used atleast every other day by drivers would be greatly appreciated by the rest of us drivers who shower regularly. ....this time of year almost daily for me......sorry but I ve been on or around the farm all my life and thats smells better than alot of drivers out here. .....sorry. ..done venting ....lol

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
There are times when washing our hair is not a choice we can make... Been stuck in to many safe havens and while we can take a sponge bath it would be nice to try this on my hair.

I agree a stinky driver is the pits so I would always suggest a shower as the first choice.