Computers Dispatch Systems office / trucks

John Rideout

Not a Member
Broker
As a newbie I would like to know what is the best system to use in each unit to dispatch trucks for expedite. I do not want to use (or only use...) phones. I am looking for something that can be placed on dash in each unit and dispatchers within the office can just dispatch from the office to whatever truck they are sending the info to. That said, I also want a system that the driver can be tracked (GPS) and can sign in to confirm pick up and time recorded and delivered time recorded. Can anyone help me out here?
Thanks

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Macro Point is what we use at CRE....works for the fraction of the cost of the above named system

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Macro Point is what we use at CRE....works for the fraction of the cost of the above named system
It also uses cell phones for the tracking, which he specifically requested as something he did not want to do.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
How about the system that Nations Express used? Anybody remember the name?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How about the system that Nations Express used? Anybody remember the name?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
I think it was called Highway Master. We had that when I first started with LEA about 14 yrs ago, we gave it the name Highway Disaster such is why it's a piece of junk.

Reactions: Moot

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Con-Way Now had Highway Master in their company vans when they started up. Very basic and crude. If Highway Master is still available it my be a good tool for the original poster.