Disaster Declared in 26 U.S. States as Drought Sears Midwest

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
More than 1,000 counties in 26 states are being named natural-disaster areas, the biggest such declaration ever by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, as drought grips the Midwest.

Disaster Declared in 26 U.S. States as Drought Sears Midwest - Bloomberg

with only 40% of the nations corn bring safe right now...we could lose 60% of our crop....this drought is at the worst time possible...the corn is supposed to be pollenating to yield cornels...

price of chicken alone has increased 12% since the beginning of this year....Beef and pork are raising...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ethanol refiners were losing more than 20 cents a gallon in mid-June, compared with a loss of about 13 cents on May 1, Corn prices have risen 27 percent since then, touching a nine-month high of $7.33 a bushel on July 9.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ethanol refiners were losing more than 20 cents a gallon in mid-June, compared with a loss of about 13 cents on May 1, Corn prices have risen 27 percent since then, touching a nine-month high of $7.33 a bushel on July 9.

Don't burn food, burn oil, gas and coal. Take some of the pressure off. These droughts come and go. We NEVER plan for them. We always think that the last one was going to be the last. Same with earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, floods etc. We are always SO shocked when nature does what nature does.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't burn food, burn oil, gas and coal. Take some of the pressure off. These droughts come and go. We NEVER plan for them. We always think that the last one was going to be the last. Same with earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, floods etc. We are always SO shocked when nature does what nature does.

Yes, last years corn sales for ethanol surpassed the sales for food.....and yet Patriot Coal has declared bankruptcy....it is crazy out there....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, last years corn sales for ethanol surpassed the sales for food.....and yet Patriot Coal has declared bankruptcy....it is crazy out there....

Obama has stated on more than one occasion that he is out to finish off the coal industry. Follow the handouts to see why it is so crazy. Government in action.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Has anyone seen any of this drought, its green as can be in Tennessee. Chattanooga is green green green, the creeks are full, the Tennessee River is full, gardens are doing well, so wheres the beef?

As u know the drought conspiracy theory is at work again, imho. Hey it really is green in Chattanooga, do do do do, look'n out my backdoor sounds like a song I once knew.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
More than 1,000 counties in 26 states are being named natural-disaster areas, the biggest such declaration ever by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, as drought grips the Midwest.

Disaster Declared in 26 U.S. States as Drought Sears Midwest - Bloomberg

with only 40% of the nations corn bring safe right now...we could lose 60% of our crop....this drought is at the worst time possible...the corn is supposed to be pollenating to yield cornels...

price of chicken alone has increased 12% since the beginning of this year....Beef and pork are raising...

It is just another Obama plan to raise prices on our food, u know that.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The corn in the Midwest is half as tall as normal and the grass was already brown in early July. I know we are having a drought in Indiana forvsure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Has anyone seen any of this drought, its green as can be in Tennessee. Chattanooga is green green green, the creeks are full, the Tennessee River is full, gardens are doing well, so wheres the beef?

As u know the drought conspiracy theory is at work again, imho. Hey it really is green in Chattanooga, do do do do, look'n out my backdoor sounds like a song I once knew.

yup..I've seen it here..dry as a bone

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Coppy that.
Yeah, I heard last week that ALL FOOD will increase by 35% to 50%. Can anybody see the speculators in action just like they do with oil. Notice that you can almost affford to put fuel in your vehicle? We have the ability to manage weather like cloud seeding to produce rain from a cloud that hasent put out yet. Im not one of the tin foil hat wearing types that worship Alex Jones, but dose anyone else see the connections? If the drought is an average 25, 50 even 100 year drought the government and the propaganda outlets CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc., will make it a dooms day senario, and the speculators will jack the prices.
It all boils down to Keeping the sheeple in thier place. Submit to the government at will or by force.

Bob Wolf

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I park on a large corn operation in In when at home. We see lots of corn every year.
A few weeks ago we delivered near Gila Bend,Az and saw beautiful corn about 8 feet tall.
Irrigation working well in the desert.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You see, thats my point we as human beings and the dominant species, and as Americians we can controll our destiny so long as the government stays out of our hair, and we dont conform to what the media tells us to do.
I think the worse part of this drought B.S. is the fact the american farmer who has everything on the line will like always be on the losing end. At best he will get paid twenty five cents on the dollar for his loss and the middle man will get the rest.
Ofcourse the government subsidized, tax dodging, mega food conglomerates will be more than williing to "help the farmer" and buy his farm at a dirt cheap price and keep him on as an under paid helper.

Bob Wolf.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes there is a drought...and farmers are cutting it down for silage if possible...our auctions are full of cow ,calf sell offs....as they can not feed them over the winter....the hay crop was not enough...

Yes Bob...the yield from corn is a lot better then 20 years ago....the yield per acre is amazing...even with the drought they are expecting record tonnage...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does everything that happens vtoday have to turn into some government conspiracy. Talk about the boy that cried wolf. Folks live your lifestyle just because your favorite lot lizard raised her prices doesn't make it the governments fault!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does everything that happens vtoday have to turn into some government conspiracy. Talk about the boy that cried wolf. Folks live your lifestyle just because your favorite lot lizard raised her prices doesn't make it the governments fault!

Thanks Xiggi....to think even Bob there lives with a indirect government subsidy to operate....LOL

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I think the news nuts out there bringing all the gloom weather data forget that we the sheeple still have internet and friends all over the place and data can be verified in a second. We can take pics that they( the news nitwits) forget we the sheeple can do with our 10 speed, 4 G, Droidies and Samsungies,,,,,,,,,,,,,aaaaaaaaaaaaamen boys and girls....... I have a different Harbrace then Turtle,lol. Its the 1964 version.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh that was a bad choice of words on my part. It was a comment on this forum in general not anyone in particular. Next time there is a happy birthday thread someone is going to turn it political somehow.

Last edited: