Direct scan

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
The new update has some changes. The help desk had to access my computer to figure this out.

If you are scanning in sister carrier docs without a shipping number, you may have to NOT check the Express America box.
Enter the way bill # in the freight bill number and leave the way bill and shipping # blank. Next fill out the cover page and scan.

Hope this helps.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for the tip. I just got the update and was about to scan my two loads for today. One is Express and one is Carrier Group.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used the updated version of direct scan to send in 1 express load and 2 carrier group loads.
For the carrier group loads I left the express box UNchecked and scanned in my docs.
I called to verify receipt and settlements said to scan ALL loads the same( check the express box).
I was told:
A:always check the express box
B:enter the waybill number in the waybill box
C:skip the shipment number box
D:when it asks to proceed without shipment number, click yes

The explanation I received about this was that by checking express and following those steps, it will get entered in the system quicker. If you uncheck the express box, it can cause a delay.

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Got the update today and scanned in the load information.

Thanks Roamin for sharing the info.

We had a Truck Ordered Not Used (TONU) and we did not have a freight bill number ... We were told to use the waybill number in both spaces today.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I used the updated version of direct scan to send in 1 express load and 2 carrier group loads.
For the carrier group loads I left the express box UNchecked and scanned in my docs.
I called to verify receipt and settlements said to scan ALL loads the same( check the express box).
I was told:
A:always check the express box
B:enter the waybill number in the waybill box
C:skip the shipment number box
D:when it asks to proceed without shipment number, click yes

The explanation I received about this was that by checking express and following those steps, it will get entered in the system quicker. If you uncheck the express box, it can cause a delay.

That's how I've always done it in the past.
Myself and the help desk couldn't get a carrier group to go through. They even came onto my computer and played around. She said it was based on how the agent put it in. Hopefully it was a one of. It was also one of those loads done by email, not qc.