Digital Antenna for Truck

MYGIA

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone have a good, but inexpensive, solution for better TV reception in the truck now that the switch is being made to all digital. My TV set does OK with digital, but the signal tends to fade in and out and is lost from time to time. I have a boomerang shaped antenna presently fixed atop of my side mirror mount. I have done some Web surfing, but not found anything yet. Would welcome any feedback. Thanks. :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have not seen any made for trucks yet. Look on RV pages. I would be you find something there. I use satillite so it is not a problem for me.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I use a Phillips dig anttenna,,plugs into my wall socket for 110 power,,and still get the picture freeze up from time to time when i dont take time to set up the sattelite dish,,,So far I am not impressed with the dig t.v. signals..
This phillips ant has helped but I think regular TV will allways be hard to get in a truck unless ya set up a satelite dish,,or ya get a really clear shot at the local tv station??????

Phillips Mant150 vhf/uhf/fm amplifield signal antenna
a lil over 20 dollars at your local wal-mart if i rember right..
keep in mind I aint recommeding this ant for ya:D
If ya can get a power ant outside your truck without having wires dangling in the wind it may help???

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Do you use this ? Or you have a regular dish?

No, I don't have a VuCube. :( I really cannot afford one right now. I have to set up a dish and hand aim it. A pain but it works. The price on the VuCube is coming down and they do have refirbs available now as well.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
No, I don't have a VuCube. :( I really cannot afford one right now. I have to set up a dish and hand aim it. A pain but it works. The price on the VuCube is coming down and they do have refirbs available now as well.

Speaking of sattile dishes,,I also have the dish that is a pain to set up and tear down,,,havnt used it much since getting this laptop for this reason,, but I was talking to a dealer and he stated he could get a really good price on them if I could get several trucks that wanted to buy the dome stlye..bulk purchuse...
I wouldn't have the money till later in the year but if some are interested he says he will be more then happy to use his buying power to order them..Something to think about if others are interested..each truck would be responsible for labor to install or do it yourself....Anyone that thinks they maybe interested post here,,maybe by mid summer we could have enough trucks to get prices down,,just need a ball park count on how many dishes.....No money to me,,ppl go straight to the dealer if we strike a deal with him....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Speaking of sattile dishes,,I also have the dish that is a pain to set up and tear down,,,havnt used it much since getting this laptop for this reason,, but I was talking to a dealer and he stated he could get a really good price on them if I could get several trucks that wanted to buy the dome stlye..bulk purchuse...
I wouldn't have the money till later in the year but if some are interested he says he will be more then happy to use his buying power to order them..Something to think about if others are interested..each truck would be responsible for labor to install or do it yourself....Anyone that thinks they maybe interested post here,,maybe by mid summer we could have enough trucks to get prices down,,just need a ball park count on how many dishes.....No money to me,,ppl go straight to the dealer if we strike a deal with him....

Keep me in the loop. Don't know if I can or if it will go on my truck. I need more info on the size of the dome, height wise.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
RCA makes a great digital antenna. it is about 8in x 8in and 1/2 thick. it lays flat on the dash or where ever you can put it, i was laying it flat on the roof of the van for a while. it is an amplified antenna in that it plugs into your inverter. it cost me $39 bucks at walmart...

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Keep me in the loop. Don't know if I can or if it will go on my truck. I need more info on the size of the dome, height wise.
Thats 2 of us then,,,thats gotta be worth 5$ off:D
Most low profile domes dont stand any higher(or much) then 12 inches or so.. I done forgot the brand I was talking to this guy about but if we get a higher truck count Ill swing back and see him.One of the brands he carried was with a black shaded dome.
I really liked it over the normal white ones..
Skys the limit on what ya wanna pay,,,low profile is a bit more (but think we want the low profile models)then ya can add in motion,,dual receivers,,ect etc

Look up wineguard,,king dome,,,these are just 2 i can think of real quick,,ya will find specs and genral prices,,cheapest I think i found was a lil over 700 retail,,Going to take a lot of pop bottles but sooner or later I am going this route..Dang money is soooo tight right now:(