Diesel brothers busted!!!!

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reactions: coalminer

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
Im glad to see this is happening, they knew what they were doing was wrong but did it anyway. They have some really nice work, but for anything that is being driven on our roads, it must remain emissions compliant, and now they are going to pay the price.

I have two questions-
Question the first:
Are you ok with having no emissions standards for off-road vehicles?

Question the second:
Why does it make you glad?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have two questions-
Question the first:
Are you ok with having no emissions standards for off-road vehicles?

Question the second:
Why does it make you glad?

Yes, im ok with there being no emissions standards for off road vehicles, and if they built a project that was never meant to drive on public roads then its fine, its not going to be driven enough to make a big difference when it comes to pollution.

It makes me glad because they are breaking OUR laws and they need to be held accountable.

And just to note, I have a 2017 Chevy Cruze diesel, love the car, gets 50mpg on the highway at 70mph, would never consider deleting the emissions systems.

Reactions: Turtle

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
1: Yes, im ok with there being no emissions standards for off road vehicles, and if they built a project that was never meant to drive on public roads then its fine, its not going to be driven enough to make a big difference when it comes to pollution.

2: It makes me glad because they are breaking OUR laws and they need to be held accountable.

3: And just to note, I have a 2017 Chevy Cruze diesel, love the car, gets 50mpg on the highway at 70mph, would never consider deleting the emissions systems.

1: So... because YOU feel like it's "fine" and it's "not going to be driven enough to make a big difference", then that's OK. Subjective reasoning, according to you and nobody else.

2: Did YOU vote on OUR laws? You know those laws all come from the California Air Resources Board, a bunch of political appointees... right?

3: Wait until you have to take your DPF out and have it baked, and if you wait too long go ahead and throw in the cost to replace the fouled sensors which control that system. How do you like purchasing DEF and if a tiny drop of that crap gets on anything, it's a white crusty mess.

The NUMBER ONE repair that I have to pay for in my fleet of trucks is DPF related. My contract drivers who buy "good used trucks" - only 2 years old - from Ryder, Penske, Enterprise, etc... what's the very first, expensive to the point of crippling, repair they have to get done? DPF. DPF. DPF. The seller is not responsible for the problems they have hidden from the buyer. I just had a guy with a 2018 Hino 268 have to replace the entire system for almost $9000, out of his pocket after already having paid almost $40k for the truck.

Do you understand how the system works? I'll tell you.

Instead of burning the fuel as normal and releasing the emissions into the air uniformly, it's getting stored. This reduces particulate emissions for the moment. Get down the road a bit, and go into regen mode, and now you're injecting a completely different type of fuel into a chamber where it cooks off most of the particulate matter into the air, all at once - away from the people who would measure it.

It's a giant money grab, nothing more. It is time to eliminate the thousands of layers of wasteful regulations and the unelected people who write them.

Your Cruze would get better mileage without it. I have first hand proof that deleting the system gives an increase in power as well as efficiency.

Don't start in about global warming, you'd be discrediting yourself.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, I I did have to vote on the emissions laws, I would have voted yes, so there is that....

And yes the CARB is full of political appointees who have probably forgotten more about pollution that you, me and everyone else on the forums combined will ever know.

Hopefully the person with the hino that replaced the DPF replaced the injectors too because those are the real reason the DPF is fouling up.

And I plan on taking out my DPF at 150k miles to get it baked, I see that as a maintenance issue that will have to be done at a given interval.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
1: So... because YOU feel like it's "fine" and it's "not going to be driven enough to make a big difference", then that's OK. Subjective reasoning, according to you and nobody else.
Dood, he answered the exact question you asked of him. You asked what HIS opinion was, which by definition is subjective and not objective.

Reactions: fastman_1