Did everyone's month turn out better than expecting?

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
Did everyone's month turn out better than expecting? Was it slow for you this month? Did you take half of the month off for the holidays?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I tried to take the last 10 to 12 days off BUTS its been kind of CRAZY to say the least. :):D$$$

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
We do too. I am just asking this question because I have heard different expediters from different carriers complaining on how slow it has been this month. I was just wondering if it was true or was it the bad areas those drivers were in.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Overall I'm pretty happy w/ how the last few months have went. It'll slow down some this winter I'm sure, but if other drivers want time off, maybe I can pick up some of what they end up not taking.

14Wheeler

Seasoned Expediter
Load volume pretty close to last years. I was hoping to get home, but 1/2 way to LA and lucky to see FLA by new years. Just about everyone i've talked too ain't complaining. Had dinner with a group here in El Paso and everyone pretty much upbeat about the past year. Pre-booked outta LA to Baltimore, picking up tues. Decent ending to the year :)

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
so far dec been great will hit 6,00o miles for the month
were short one straight truck and been running richmond and hampton roads hot and heavy
on road by 0700 in richmond by 0815 out door by 0900 run richmond and back by 1100 heading to newport news , hampton back to richmond and home doing up to 300 miles a day

running local is hard work
but being home every night is nice

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did everyone's month turn out better than expecting?
My months almost always turn out better than expected because I have very low expectations. December was no exception. I delivered in southwestern Minnesota last night and deadheaded 200 miles home where I will be out of service until Sunday.

I ran 11 loads for the month for a total of 3713 paid miles. One was a mini and one was just over 100 miles. Not bad for December considering I was home for a week at Christmas and 4 days earlier in the month.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, I made 100% more this month then I did last Dec. Ended the year a lot better than any years past, didn't work a lot either. One thing or another came up. I will be back in service Jan 16th if all goes well. Went to doctor yesterday, CAT scan today, back to Doc on the 5th. Then he will more than likey stick me in the hospital to induce labor or C section for this hard headed Kidney stone. I was on the road two years ago with one and I will never do that again! This one is a big'in. I wish no one this type of pain. I heard a woman talking one time about her kidney stones, and I had to ask. "Do you have any kids?" Yes, I have three...."well since you have given birth and had a kidney stone, which pain was the hardest?" KIDNEY STONE was far more painful than giving birth..... I knew it!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dang Eddie, that doesn't sound like any fun at all...hope it all goes good for you...

As to the post, Dec was good..Only worked a little over 2 weeks as i was also off 10 days with christmas, and was home alot, but in service the rest of the month...miles were at 4052 loaded, 4725 all miles, 11 runs...income was every good...

Last edited:

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Well, I made 100% more this month then I did last Dec. Ended the year a lot better than any years past, didn't work a lot either. One thing or another came up. I will be back in service Jan 16th if all goes well. Went to doctor yesterday, CAT scan today, back to Doc on the 5th. Then he will more than likey stick me in the hospital to induce labor or C section for this hard headed Kidney stone. I was on the road two years ago with one and I will never do that again! This one is a big'in. I wish no one this type of pain. I heard a woman talking one time about her kidney stones, and I had to ask. "Do you have any kids?" Yes, I have three...."well since you have given birth and had a kidney stone, which pain was the hardest?" KIDNEY STONE was far more painful than giving birth..... I knew it!

I had three of them in March of 08. Wishing you speedy delivery with them.

As for our month it was great. We have also been off since the 15th and then will go back is service January 15th after we get back from our long awaited honeymoon

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Steady Eddy hope you get well soon. maybe it won't be as bad as you think.I can't say because i've never had them .good luck