Diabetic Wellness Clinic

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I forgot one other snack option: popcorn.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

My favorite...and Ken bought one of those movie theatre like popcorn makers that stands on the counter...and Wally's has a no cal no fat spray on butter that tastes better than the real stuff.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Diabetes May Be Reversed by Long-Used Vaccine for TB - Bloomberg

some successful results on Type 1....

In the study, researchers administered two doses of the BCG vaccine to three patients who had been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. The patients were followed for 20 weeks and two of the three were found to have an increase in the death of the insulin-harming cells and a rise in elevation in C-peptide levels, suggesting the production of insulin.

“These patients have been told their pancreases were dead,” Faustman said. “We can take those people, give them a very low dose twice and see their pancreases kick in and start to make small amounts of insulin.”

Monty

Expert Expediter
Seems to me producing low amounts of insulin from a "dead" pancreas would make the control more difficult, as you just never know when you will deplete your sugar with an "overdose" of insulin ..... my wife has that problem, it seems. Sometime at night she will bottom out in her sleep, even though the level was fine at bedtime.

She has mastered her insulin as best can be. She has cereal for breakfast, and the same lunch each day, turkey and pepperoni for lunch, with some peanut lovers Chex Mix.

At dinner time, she eats whatever she desires. But often neglects enough carbs ... and that is why, (I believe), she sometimes bottoms out at night.

One thing her Dr stated ... if the blood sugar is 100, or below, at bedtime, eat a snack with carbs in it.

As for me and the Type II ... I just stopped eating junk .... (well almost), or at least I reduced it a great deal. That, along with exercise has seen my A1C steadily drop.

Man's gotta have that Waffle House ya know! But even then, I now order scrambled eggs and tomato slices instead of bisucits and gravy! (But then there's the Sunday morning pig out!)

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wife runs into that low sometimes when she has been good all day...just before bed she'll read too low....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have you ever felt like you needed an interpreter to navigate the aisles of your grocery store? Does distinguishing between terms like "organic" and "natural" when shopping for fresh complements make your head spin?

When it comes to fruits and veggies, not all produce is treated equally… literally. In a day and age when much of our food is chemically altered or bathed in pesticides, it's important to hit the supermarket armed with the facts. So read on for a little help deciphering terminology!

Organic
To be granted the official U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) organic seal, foods must be grown, harvested and processed according to national standards and can't be treated with synthetic pesticides, sewage sludge, bioengineering, or ionizing radiation.

Food labeled:
• "100% organic" contains no synthetic ingredients and can legally use the organic seal.
• "Organic" has a minimum of 95% organic ingredients, and is eligible to use the seal.
• "Made with organic ingredients" must contain at least 70% organic ingredients, but isn't eligible for the seal.

Because of their pesticide loads, it's suggested that you opt for organic with the following produce: apples, celery, sweet bell peppers, peaches, strawberries, nectarines (imported), grapes, spinach, lettuce, cucumbers, blueberries (domestic), potatoes.

Natural
The term "natural" usually references minimally processed foods, but most items labeled "natural" aren't subject to any additional government controls.

Superfoods
Though there's no formal definition for the term, "superfoods" are generally understood to be nutrient-packed foods that contain large quantities of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.

Ultimately, how you prefer your produce is up to you. But you deserve to know the facts about what you're eating. So do your research and check "empowerment" off your shopping list!

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Plexus slim was first tested for people with type 2. They found in the test that a side affect of the product was that people were also loosing weight. (Which is why we started taking it) One plus for us was it was made of all natural products. Heathers mom has type 2 and we are trying to get her to drink plexus slim. course she is one stubborn lady. A lot of great info if you google it. If you have any questions drop us a line.