Desperate for Cargo Vans??

DooWop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Is Panther II desperate for cargo vans? On the Pa Turnpike today I saw a van leased to them that looked a tad custom in that it was painted sort of a metallic gold and had a smoked glass window in the side of the cargo area. Yet it had the Panther II decals. Just wondering if they have a lot of van freight and aren't too particular about the vehicles.

Regards

DooWop

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It was probably another retired site seeing part timer trying to travel and get paid.

Frank

Expert Expediter
I saw a PantherII over by where I live at the Tekhi Truck Stop in Battle Creek, Mi. It was an older Ford Van with a raised top. It was all hillbillied out! And solid black with dark Panther stickers on it. What a sight.
Frank.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
>I saw a PantherII over by where I live at the Tekhi Truck
>Stop in Battle Creek, Mi. It was an older Ford Van with a
>raised top. It was all hillbillied out! And solid black with
>dark Panther stickers on it. What a sight.
>Frank.

Hey Frank... what exactly is "all hillbillied out"...LOL... on my personal van, (a raised roof older Ford..LOL) I have running boards, a bug shield, dual 6 foot antennas, and dual exhaust with loud, loud glasspacks .. do I qualify?..:D :D :D :D

Dreamer
(just an ol hillbilly at heart..LOL)

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey Dreamer do you do the vanins also? If not you should check them out they're great fun.

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I know both of those trucks you are talking about.
The Gold one belongs to a friend of mine. He bought the truck while working for Fed Up, before they decided you needed to have white trucks inorder to meet their high standards.

The window on the side is because the person installing his Clink put a hole in the truck. My friend made them put a window in to cover their mistake.

I know the Black truck may be alittle tacky, but both drivers get the job done.

Guess I would rather have a truck that is busy than one that meets some arbatrary standard.

Hooligan

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Hooligan, I never ment any harm in the comment that I made about the type of work or the capabilities of the drivers. The comment was made by me and directed to Panther II, meaning they have no restrictions. I'm in the middle of doing up a van myself to look like a hillbilly(as was mentioned) van, to run the road with. Excause my ignorance, but can you tell me what you mean when you say a clink being installed?

Hammer

Expert Expediter
Hey I have a expired Roberts van-Do you think I could get all that brokered out frieght to "competitors" @ PANTHERII and others by Fed Ex Logistics frt. that they refuse to load thier own Fed Ex CC?? It"s not even hilbillyed out>yet!!

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Teacel,

Sorry if I seemed to take offense. One of my Problems with Fed Ex was that they wanted to treat contractors as employees.

The gold truck you were talking about was cut from the fleet partially because it wasn't white. The company allowed contractors to get trucks of any color prior to the changeover from Roberts. Suddenly drivers were told that their colorful truck was no longer needed by the company. They also, decided that you could not have a side window on vans.

When my friend was having the Qualcom (Clink) installed, the company damaged the side of his truck. Inorder to fix the problem, they agreed to put a window in to cover the damage.

I probably would have stayed with Fed Ex, but they wouldn't pay benefits to their employees (Contractors)

Hooligan

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I know the fella with the gold van too. I know that has to be the only reason they cut him. He is a great expediter and a nice guy. He had been with Roberts for a decade when they fed him to the wolves.

I talked to him a few months ago and he loves Panther. he said he wishes he would have went there years ago.

That is if we are both talking about the same guy, a tall Notre Dame fan? :+

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
>If you don't qualify, sounds like you should.......:+
>
>Texas Dollarbill
>>
>
>
>
Hahahahaha.. I Love it.. now I just need to figure out a way to mount that dang ol gun rack :) :) :)

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>It was probably another retired site seeing part timer
>trying to travel and get paid.

What I meant by retired part timers is, a lot of our seniors that worked all their lives to get what they have, only for some smart nose recruiter to suckers them into signing on with their company. They will take loads to places, then go out of service for two or three days. This isn't very good for the company and it makes them hire more drivers. When a company has allot of drivers it makes it harder for the Dedicated hard working full time drivers to make a good living

I surely didn't mean that all van drivers are retired site seeing part timers. I know allot of hard working full time van drivers, both young and old.